add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ICue & Aura Sync

TheIbbyTron

18 months ago

Is it okay to use ICue and Aura Sync side by side? I want the aura sync to control my gpu, ram, and obviously my Asus motherboard, and for the ICue to control fans and peripherals.

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I think it's a good idea. You can also get a H115i Pro or H150i Pro, and sync that up with your fans. or a V1tech backplate to sync up with your GPU. They're the two best RGB softwares on the market, and choosing one over the other is very difficult.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

That's a brilliant idea! I was wondering however would it be safe to use side by side. Would their not be any clashes that could affect my system?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I doubt it, as long as you keep everything to itself. I think that the only compatibility issue would be if you were getting Corsair memory, but you're not. All your fans are connected through PWM signals (you can purchase a fan hub for all the fans), as well as a single USB 2.0 internally for the lighting node pro, to control the lighting. So other than the colors looking weird, no, I don't think there would be a problem.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Would there not be a problem considering that both softwares have access to the motherboard RAM slot things? Or would it be fine simply because I'm not using corsair RAM? I'm planning to run solid colours or a colour spectrum. I think the solid colours can be fine if I input the exact numbers for each thing (I don't really know what I'm talking about) Also what would be the best set up for the fans? I know Corsair has a few controllers so I'm unaware. If it helps I'll most likely be getting 4 LL Series fans.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think there would be a problem. Asus Aura doesn't have access to the fans, and ICue doesn't have access to Memory or GPU. So everything should stick to their own software. I doubt that even Corsair memory would give you problems.

Corsair has the Commander Pro if you want to use it, but it's quite expensive for a fan hub, so unless you're using a lot of fans and want to make sure that you get a proper fan hub, I wouldn't buy it. Make sure to buy your LL fans in a kit, so if you're doing 4x 120mm, get a 1x 3x LL120, and 1x LL120. If you're doing 4x 140mm, get 1x 2x LL140 and 2x 1x LL140. The Lighting Node Pro that you get in the kits are crucial for connecting the cables properly, but you only need one of them.

You should do 2x 140mm in the front, and 2x 120mm as exhaust (top and rear). What case are you using?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

You literally just stated what I'm planning to do at the end. Obviously my build is a long time away but I'm using a NZXT S340 Elite. I was thinking two 140s in front with radiator and a 140 top. Then a 120 rear as the rear only supports 120. What would I connect the lighting node pro to? Apparently I get a RGB led fan hub with the 2 pack 140. Also, wouldn't I need the commander pro to connect the RGB hub to as well as the Corsair H115i PRO (the 280mm one if I'm wrong)

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I use both side by side in my shift x build and it works fine. Frustrating and would be nice to see more tie in, but sadly not the case.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I see thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube