add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ATH-M40X vs HD 280 Pro

TheIbbyTron

18 months ago

Which is better for gaming, video watching and music listening? Thanks!

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I would like other recommendations please. I'm only looking at closed back headphones with a near enough flat response for the best price possible. I'm very confused are you saying that the M40X is good?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have Amazon prime. Some prices are weird here in the UK so I'll go for the M40X if it would perform better for my uses compared to the HD 280 Pro. What pads would you recommend to replace the stock ones on the M40X's?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. What is the hybrid made of? Also, which do you think would be the most comfy whilst being the most breathable? I'm thinking of going with the HM5's though. Would I need to replace the pads on them?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

The Brainwavz HM5 are the model available in the UK. They look quite tempting. Costs a bit more than the M40X but overall cheaper since I probably won't have to replace the ear pads. Are they better/similar to the M40X's? I look at a website called rtings.com and did a comparison. The HM5's seem marginally better which seems good. I just want to make sure they last a decent amount of time.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I see I'll take that into account. Nice thanks for the help!

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I've also seen around that the CB-1's have terrible build quality. Many people had permanent scratches from a little fingernail hit and a loud creak when putting them on. Many recommend a refurbished pair of M40X's on Amazon instead. Opinions?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube