add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

LL Fan Configuration

TheIbbyTron

13 months ago

Hi, would it be better to have 2x 140mm intakes with 2x 120mm exhaust or 2x 140mm intakes with 3x 120mm exhaust? If it helps I'll be using the Meshify case.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

If you leave the rear 120mm exhaust fan as it is, and replace the front single 120mm fan with 2x140mm AF fans as an intake, you will lower the CPU temp inside the Case by 7°C.

https://imgur.com/a/Tg27gSV

• Test CPU used: Intel i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz
  • CPU Cooler used: MSI Core Frozr L

Note: Those are Delta temps: CPU measured temperature minus the ambient temperature.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm really interested in replacing all of the fans in the case with LL fans by Corsair. How will this affect this test?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

lol, i don't know, but as long as you mount 2x140mm front intake fans, it would be way better than going with the stock configuration. ;)

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I see lol. Is 3 exhaust overkill?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, nexus tests has shown that even with the stock single exhaust fan, that what matters is airflow.

That means a positive air pressure.

The more exhaust fans you mount, you are going to get a negative air pressure.

At least, if you mount 2x140mm at the front, go with no more than 2x120mm exhaust fans at the rear and top for having a positive air pressure.

Air finds always a way to get out from your Case.

The problem is, to have enough airflow to push that hot (warm) air through the exhaust fans. ;)

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah that's a tough one. I think I'll go from 3x 120 exhaust to two. The problem is finding the right settings to provide a slightly positive air pressure. Would it be better to get a commander pro for personalised fan control? Or would the motherboard pwm control be enough?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube