add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

LL Fan for Air Cooler?

TheIbbyTron

12 months ago

Would a 120mm LL fan from corsair perform well as a fan apart of a CPU cooler? If not, why so? What should I look for if going for a different fan to what the cpu cooler has already?

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Would a 120mm LL fan from corsair perform well as a fan apart of a CPU cooler? If not, why so?

Look at the specs from the stock fan and compare those with the new fan you wanna purchase.

If the specs are better (mainly the SP and AF ratings), normally the fan should perform better.

What should I look for if going for a different fan to what the CPU cooler has already?

A better SP and AF rating.

Sometimes, that can lead to a noisier cooler though.

Note: All SP and AF ratings of the fans are calculated at the full speed potential of the fan.

• SP: Static Pressure - AF: Air Flow
  • 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I see thank you very much

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

The LL fan has slightly lower static pressure and airflow. The real reason I want it is for aesthetic purposes. It's static pressure is 1.61 and it's air flow is 43 approximately. Is this still good?

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

If both ratings are lower than the stock fan, then the performance of the CPU cooler will be lower.

I can't know how the CPU cooler will perform, if one of those two ratings are lower or higher.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I see. I'll take that into consideration thank you.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome ;)

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

What CPU cooler are you considering? If they're from different manufacturers, the test might've been done differently, which could give slightly different results. I'd imagine that Corsair would test their fans the same, but it could be different between say NZXT and Corsair.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I was planning to go with the H7 Quad Lumi. But I didn't like the white led fan included. I wanted to replace that with an LL 120 fan.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, well, just keep in mind that it might be difficult to compare the statistics to eachother.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I see. I think I'm going to risk the swap.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube