add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Captaincow's Chats #9 - Apple ID switcharoos

Captaincow285

20 months ago

So after getting tired of not being able to install productivity apps because my parents couldn't remember their Apple ID passwords, I decided to make my own and enter it in. Of course, I did it already, but I'm concerned. I have a fondness for Minecraft PE, and the purchase for the game was on my parent's account. Would I get updates for Minecraft PE with an account that did not purchase the game? And what other weirdness would go on?

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point
  • You would be able to get updates, but I have a feeling that it's going to ask for your parent's ID password.
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah. That's disconcerting.

Looks like another request reset cycle.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

If you did use Family Sharing (which my family has done), the purchased apps would be added to your purchased list (or what I've found).

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh. I should have looked into it. I still can try to enable it. Thanks!

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

You can contact Apple and if you have the original proof of purchase (a contract can often work) you can get the device reset in pretty much every cases.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s been solved, but thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube