PCPartPicker

• Register

How can I make extra money at the age of 13?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

lukenson 3 months ago

I would like a custom pc but I don't have the cash any suggestions

Comments Sorted by:

Ice44 1 Build 6 points 3 months ago

Mow Lawns, Wash Cars, Do Chores. Or anything that is similar to those.

Evil_Paroxysm 5 Builds 4 points 3 months ago

Wash Cars

My inner car guy cringed hard

The swirls

Ice44 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

You get the gist lmao.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

Detailing cars can be great cash, but it's all about being thorough and using the right tool for the right job.

floridaboz 4 Builds 3 points 3 months ago

There is many times this topic has came up. But pretty much what ice44 said, you would be surprised how many people would allow 13 year olds to do odd jobs for money, so the best thing to do is ask, or have your parents ask people.

Sometimes you can get money for something as simple as pulling weeds, or something bigger like cleaning or help cleaning a garage.

lukenson submitter 2 points 3 months ago

any better ways?

Evil_Paroxysm 5 Builds 6 points 3 months ago

Invest $5 into Bitcoin when you were 4

[comment deleted by staff]
Evil_Paroxysm 5 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

It was actually valued at $.003 a piece in March of 2010, so $5 buys 1666.66 BTC, at todays value of $6,535 each that comes out to $10,8xx,xxx

Evil_Paroxysm 5 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

I was assuming you were giving a sarcastic over estimate, was just saying it would be much more lol

Dragoons55 1 point 3 months ago

Ill be real honest, other than doing jobs like mowing/cleaning houses and all there is no easy way to make money.

Most of us who are able to work want to know more ways to make money too even though we work jobs, its simply not that easy :( and there is no way for us to do it other than getting more jobs.

Javild27 2 points 3 months ago

Start a blog or review site and make money from affiliate links.

WaterTriber 1 point 3 months ago

What he said and some yard work and cleaning. Not only will they help you get $$ but it will also put hair on your chest.

Malikrule 1 point 3 months ago

sell candy and snacks at school

lodie187u 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

Mow lawns, wash cars, walk neighbors cars, yard work, lemonade stand, buying candy bars whole sale and reselling them for 1$ a bar.

EagleByte 1 Build 3 points 3 months ago

Walk neighbors cars?

I think you meant pets, right?

(XD)

worstcaster 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

You could try fur trapping. The season starts in the fall though and you would have to check your state's regulations.

JCMsergox 4 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

Worked for the settlers like 300 years ago.

MichelWeber 1 point 3 months ago

I'm going to go out on a limb and get many upset....

Why, at 13, do you need a custom PC? or a PC for yourself? At 13 you should be out playing with friends, riding your bike, doing outside stuff.
If you need a computer for homework, school projects, then get your parents to get one for that use.

Ok - let the attacks begin.

JCMsergox 4 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

I mean, he can do that, but he can also own a gaming PC. At 13 I spent my summer down in an Air Conditioned basement in front of a 60-Inch HDTV playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection. I didn't have friends.

MichelWeber 2 points 3 months ago

When I was 13, we all played outside all day long. We were all fit, had tons of energy and had lots of fun. No phones, no handheld games, no internet. So it is just very different and odd to me when kids at 13 want to stay indoors and play video games and kind of rubs me the wrong way. It also concerns me a bit that the more this happens, the less people will care about the outdoors because it will have little meaning to them.

Memo1010 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

Yeah, I get what you mean, to a degree. I think the reason why teenagers such as myself would rather play video games is largely the same as why adults would: it's more fun. There are just so many things that you can only do in video games, besides you can still play them with friends.

Don't get me wrong though, I would love to play sports, but 1: I have extreme asthma

2: I am really slow with running, I was born with flat feet so I sucked at it, at the age of 12 I had corrective surgery but I still never have learned to run right

3: I live in Iowa so it's always to cold

4: How? I hate disorganized sports with a passion, it is so frustrating. The only organized sports require dedication, time, and skill, and I have none of those. If I could play sports I would love it, but I don't have the chance. Otherwise there is nothing interesting to do outside, I tried fishing but it was painfully boring

MichelWeber 1 point 3 months ago

I don't run well either. I'm clutzy, clumsy and can't think fast on my feet - but I still went out and rode my bike all over the place. I lived in Wisconsin and still found ways to play outside in the cold - unless it was bone chilling cold - can't remember what I did then. Did play with slot cars. Couldn't play any organized sports - sometimes kids would set up a football game - was not good at that. So there are other ways besides organized sports to have fun outside. We used to play Frisbee a lot - that was fun - had to be creative. Of course we did some stupid things too.

As for being an adult, I don't like playing video games - when my son was younger we had a PS - and when I suggest we play a race/car game it became frustrating to me when I just want to play but you need to first select the suspension, type of tires, braking performance, then the color of the vehicle, and what character - who cares, let's race!!

Memo1010 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

Frisbee is boring. Bike riding is boring (and could rarely lead to injury). Slot cars? Why not Mario Kart instead?

Ok, maybe those things aren't totally boring but they are not nearly as good as Smash Bros (hype for SSB ultimate), Mario Kart, LoL, fortnite, etc.

JarJarJamal 1 point 3 months ago

Start a YouTube channel or invent an app

EagleByte 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

How much money do you have now? Maybe do some odd jobs (mowing lawns, babysitting, pet sitting, house sitting, pet walking, etc.), online surveys, buying cheap things and selling them at a markup of 5%, etc. Here are a few links that helped me out a bit.

WikiHow

How to Make Money as a Kid

Well-Kept Wallet

lukenson submitter 1 point 2 months ago

thanks

PCPPAccountant 0 points 3 months ago

How many times is this thread going to be posted??? Does anyone use the search feature on these forums???

https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/search/?q=money+13

Dragoons55 1 point 3 months ago

Thats the thing about being 13, you often times wont do intense research until later years if a quick google search isn't providing to be sufficient. It is funny that its posted so much but just take their perspective.

PCPPAccountant 1 point 3 months ago

I mean it just seems like common sense. A 5 minute google search would yield many good results. I just do not understand why every other day this topic comes up.

Ice44 1 Build 2 points 3 months ago

wait wut.

You own a chicken?

Wow. How much you make per package?