• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

TurtleMann85 9 days ago

Why am I experiencing soooo much micro stutter when planning slowly side to side or up down, walking running etc.? AsRock Z370M Pro4 Ram 16gb Gskill set to 2666 CPU i5-8400 MSI 1060 6gb Gamung X not overclocked 550W G3 PSU

Settings: anything from low to ultra stutters, Vsync on and off stutters.

I went Nvidia and i5-8400 cuz watching benchmarks and all sorts of research showed these to be a great great value and great combo together

Comments Sorted by:

Rin_Itoh 1 point 9 days ago

I would make sure your drivers are up to date. That usually fixes most hardware issues. If that doesn't work try turning vsync off. It could be conflicting with the monitor refresh rate. Post back and let me know what happened after that and I can help some more.

TurtleMann85 submitter 1 point 9 days ago

I will...at work right now. I updated the GeForce driver last night but haven’t been home since

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 9 days ago

What title(s)?

What settings?

Did you check to see what part of your PC is causing this?

You can see by looking at the part running at 100%. This basically creates a "bottleneck" for what you are trying to do thus reducing your perceived performance. With a 1060 6GB, aside from a few rare titles, you shouldnt have any issues at 1080p 60fps. If you are using a high refresh rat4e monitor (100+) its possible your build is unable to push out a consistant frame rate with a high refresh rate or a higher resolution than 1080p. This is important because stutters in games usually are the result of frame drops and ou are more prone to this happening with high refresh rate monitors.

What kind of monitor are you using?

TurtleMann85 submitter 1 point 9 days ago

I’m using a 144hz monitor...I am about to return it though and go with either a 1440p/60-75hz monitor, or go back to IPS 75hz in either a 24” 16:9, but I may jump on the LG 29” Ultrawide bandwagon, seems to be a sweet spot for 1080p pixel density and refresh rate for my 1060!

This has been the hardest thing to do is pick a damn monitor. Some say the 1060 is fine for 1440p with minor tweaks others say 1440p and a 1060 is a waste of money and you need a 1070 minimum. Ughhhh it’s annoyingly fun

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 8 days ago

The reason for the different answers is the graphical settings you use and the titles you play. Some people consider 40-60fps acceptable while others want to cap it at 60 so they do not get stutters.

Also, some people take face value of what others are responding for specific use cases which is never a blanket answer.

TurtleMann85 submitter 1 point 8 days ago

yea well im still stuck on what type of monitor to use. Since I like my eye candy and am not a competitive gamer though if I ever decide to start COD on PC I would want a competitive edge. But since I only have a 1060 6gb, guess 144hz without gsync is pointless, and 75hz didn't seem to be enough. I really don't want to spend 400$ plus on a monitor I really don't since I don't really have the money for it nor want another credit payment.

So stuck its insane. No happy medium with Nvidia cards...I shoulda have just bough AMD instead.

TurtleMann85 submitter 1 point 8 days ago

??