• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

TurtleMann85 9 days ago

Have tried IPS 75hz 1080p, I am currently with a ACER NONgsync 144hz 24” 1080p monitor but spent about 290$ on it. I like 144hz but not so fond of the TN which I knew would lack in certain areas though surprisingly I felt it looked much better than the Viewsonic 24” VP2468 I tried...Acer is miles sharper, clearer, better blacks even tho it is TN, minimal to no ghosting unlike the VS IPS.

I have tried CSGO once...I am not a competitive gamer, don’t play overwatch. I have found myself to be more a single player guy lately since I know if I attempt online I will get destroyed cuz I don’t usually play PC online, well never have since I’ve always been console.

I’m thinking going Ultrawide or 1440p/60-75hz IPS. But I also feel I’m losing a lot as far as refresh rate. 144hz hard to get away from but my 1060 can’t push that all the time, such as games like Witcher 3 which on Uptra gets me 50-58fps consistently.

Just lost...I know I posted a lot but if I’m just casually played my online time to time, is 144hz even worth it? I can get much nicer PQ for 290$ but idk if it’s a good idea.

Comments Sorted by:

Rin_Itoh 1 point 9 days ago

144hz is nice, if you aren't playing competitive games it doesn't matter as much except to you. It can depend on the manufacturer on whether a TN or IPS or VA looks good in one monitor and bad in another. If you have a 1060 I would stick with 1080p and just go ultrawide to take better advantage of the high refresh rate. I would also roll back on the graphics settings. While the 1060 does have a lot of power there are still some things like AA that can push it too far. If you roll back on things like AA and shadow/ sky/ water textures you should be able to hit 144 even in Witcher. The problem with high refresh ultrawide is that they are going to be expensive. $500+ USD for a basic model with just those two features.

TurtleMann85 submitter 1 point 9 days ago

But Witcher limits you to 60fps in settings idk why. So I purchased this

https://www.bestbuy.com//site/aoc-c3583fq-35-lcd-hd-219-ultrawide-monitor-black-silver/5451416.p?skuId=5451416

Worried about pixel density mostly though. Seems like a great buy and it’s a AMVA. Seemed like a steal for 399$

Rin_Itoh 1 point 9 days ago

I haven't tried any monitors from AOC. You might need to go into system files in order to change that on the witcher. Give it a try and comment back and let us know how the monitor performs.

TurtleMann85 submitter 1 point 9 days ago

Seems like a good monitor for what it provides. VA so there will be ghosting, was a lot of ghosting with IPS as well. Hopefully no dead pixels fingers crossed