add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can I run dual monitor?

crichardson26

19 months ago

So I have a 10603gb and a Asus VG245H 1080p HDMI monitor. And I also have some super old 900p VGA monitor. My 1060 doesn't have a vga port but my motherboard does. Could I run the 900p monitor off my motherboard and keep the 1080p one on my gpu at the same time?

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I suppose you could use it, but I'm pretty sure that you'll consume some CPU resources if you run things on it at full screen

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you'll run the other monitor with the integrated cpu.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

That would depend on your MoBo's BIOS as well as your CPU and OS. If it doesn't work for you, you can always just get an adapter.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on what your using the monitors for, I currently have a similar dual monitor setup, one 1080p HDMI monitor i use for gaming/editing and other intensive tasks and have a small 4:3 720p VGA monitor for browsing the web and it runs fine on my integrated graphics CPU, i'd say unless your planning on using both of them for gaming the problem would arise from the CPU not GPU. To actually answer the question, if your using the 900p for simple tasks like web browsing then yes, if your using it for gaming you might need a better GPU.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube