• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Nullarc77 10 days ago

So today my mom decided to try and get be a suit, Or at least a sports coat and some slacks. The first store we went to didn't have any coats unless I had it custom tailored. And the reason being I am 6' 9" 390 pounds. But the problem primarily isn't my weight. It is the fact that my legs are huge. My brother who has a lot less fat(6' 8" 270)then me has the same provblem.

I have a 48" waste. But in order to get trousers that fit, I ended up getting a 58" waste on my slacks. Because while my waste may be 48", My thighs are around 56". Some of that is fat, But I am very muscular in my legs.

So now that the backstory behind this post is out of the way I can continue to the main topic.

Finding clothes sucks. I guess it makes it a bit easier since I like black, grey, and navy as primary colors, But still.

I constantly have this problem. I can't even get shoes in store because of my stupidly large feet. Having some fat doesn't help but I am working to resolve that issue. If there is one thing I envy small guys on, It is the fact that you can walk into almost any clothing store, And get whatever you need.

The first store we went to today, The guys there told me I was in for custom clothes my entire life, What makes this worse is the fact that I could be growing still. So yeah finding clothes will become worse. When it comes to jackets it is easier, But my shoulders being huge means I still need to get one that is a bit big in the gut.

So to all you other tall people out there, How do you get around these problems? And to all you small people out there, Consider yourself lucky.

Sincerely, Nullarc77. PCPP's resident "Human Tank"

Comments Sorted by:

manirelli staff 8 Builds 5 points 10 days ago

One thing to consider is that you can get the larger clothes and have a tailor adjust them for you. It sounds super fancy but generally is very reasonable.

Jeff_M 1 Build 1 point 10 days ago

Yeah, when it comes to suits, blazers, sports coats, etc very rarely do you actually find something that fits well off the rack, even for someone like me who wears basically the most common sizes in everything. You can get something that is very close to what you need and get it altered at a tailor, and as mentioned, it doesn't cost that much. This is common practice for formal wear like suits no matter what size you are, a well tailored suit looks infinitely better than whatever fits best off the rack.

Nullarc77 submitter 2 Builds 1 point 10 days ago

True, And that is usually what my brother does. But every tailor either I or my brother have talked to have said that it is hard due to our unique body type. It is actually what the person at the store recommended. But for most people they don't need to get pants that are 10" too big in the waste lol.

floridaboz 4 Builds 2 points 10 days ago

My neighbor who is a little older than you has the opposite problem. He is 17 years old, five foot tall and a little less than 100 pounds. I had to take him shopping for his birthday and had to go to 5 stores just to find him some pants.

On a side note... damn that is big. I am 6 foot tall and 270 pounds, and you would make me feel small.

Sadly, i really have nothing to add that would help you.

Nullarc77 submitter 2 Builds 2 points 10 days ago

Wow. That is really small. He could end up being one of those people who grows all the way into their mid twenties.

On a side note... damn that is big. I am 6 foot tall and 270 pounds, and you would make me feel small.

Yeah I do have that affect on people. For the first time in years earlier today I met a guy who made me feel short. He was 6' 11", But he was skinny compared to me and probably didn't weigh more then 240. But because was so skinny he looked taller then what he was. I thought he was about 7' 2" until I got up close to him.

JCMsergox 4 Builds 2 points 10 days ago

PCPP's Official Emo Kid

I clothes shop exclusively at Hot Topic, Spencer's, and Zumiez, as one would expect from someone like me.

As for 'Fancy' clothes (Meaning anything that's not a band tee or skinny jeans) I have a few pairs of dress pants and collared shirts that I bought from Target or something like that.

Zeromus725 2 points 10 days ago
Nullarc77 submitter 2 Builds 2 points 10 days ago

Oh I never saw that before. But thanks for noticing.

Zeromus725 2 points 10 days ago

Sorry, I don’t have much to contribute on the actual topic. I’m one of the “lucky” short people. However, I am also a very, physically weak person. I buy skinny jeans and make them look normal (or well, skinny khakis; I’m not a fan of jeans). I also prefer wearing long-sleeve shirts around undershirts so I can disguise how thin my arms are. Though I am proud to say I just recently surpassed 100 pounds. Everyone else in my age group is typically 20+ more pounds than me though.

Nullarc77 submitter 2 Builds 2 points 9 days ago

I was 100 pounds when I was 7 lol.

I don't like denim jeans either. I usually get my jeans from Duluth Trading CO. They make really good jeans and cargo trousers. And their commercials are funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAeoZ_TQL9o&list=PLC930D3EF0DA8A52D&index=12

Zeromus725 1 point 9 days ago

I’ll have to look into their clothes. Thanks!

ssjg5rlly 2 points 10 days ago

T H I C C

Just kidding, I'm happy that I'm short.

G_I_L 2 points 6 days ago

I've got problems finding clothing, too. I'm 5'4, which means I have the smallest sizes around (XS/S usually), but I have quite wide shoulders, so the shirts are way too tight around my shoulders. It's either this, or whatever top I decide to wear, whether it be t-shirts, sweaters or button-up shirts, are too long.

Edit: Jeans are always too long, I have a hard time finding jeans that have my width size (W28/29) as well. When I do, they're usually extremely long or they're just a tad too long, not enough for me to trip over, luckily.

Zeromus725 1 point 5 days ago

I understand the jeans part, but why don’t you just keep the shirts that are too long tucked in?

G_I_L 1 point 5 days ago

They get poofy. It's awful.

Zeromus725 1 point 5 days ago

Dang, must be a bit sad.

G_I_L 2 points 5 days ago

Yeahhh. Not the worst thing in the world, but annoying nonetheless..

vagabond139 5 Builds 1 point 8 days ago

I feel you on the shoes and pants. I'm 6'6 and only ~230lb but it is like literally impossible to find a pair of 38W x 36L pants in most stores and if they do have any its only a couple of pair. I mainly order my jeans online now since it gives me much wider options and if it doesn't fit good I will just return it.Not the most effective system but it works.

Shoes I don't even bother looking for in stores. Haven't bothered looking for them in store since I was 12 or 11. I have a size 16.5 foot (so I can wear 17 or 16 depending on how the fit of the shoe is.) I always order my shoes online. Sucks since you can't get cheap shoes.

I luckily don't have many problems with my upper body. Everything used to be baggy on me until I put on muscle and filled out. Now I fit nearly perfectly into a XL t-**** (although it being a inch or so longer wouldn't hurt) and for coats and hoodies I usually for 2XL since they usually won't be long enough in the arms. Its bit baggy around my chest but its a price I am willing to accept.