• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Dtwenty 4 months ago

So, i got my kids a switch and while i am not much for the whole "kidy thing" i of course do get some of it, however.. Last night i was scrolling through FB when I saw something for Mario Tennis when it hit me! WTF ever happened to Strikers? It was like, the best game ever!!! Its been so long since i owned that GC i completely forgot about that amazing "futball" game. I remembered Peach was the one i use to pick all the time and now all i want to do is find a way to play that damn game again.

Anyone know if this title is in demand for a switch port? I can't be the only guy in the world who desperately is craving Mario Strikers.

Also, other then MK8 does this switch system have any other ridiculously fun Mario sports games? I ask because lately, usually around 12:30/1:00 am I stop PC gaming and pick up the switch and play a few MK8 matches at my desk in portable mode ( so convenient ) before going to bed, but for now.. NOW? Now, i must find God, I must find Strikers. Thank you :p

Comments Sorted by:

gorkti200 2 Builds 3 points 4 months ago

You're not the first person to ask about a new Strikers game. I haven't heard of anything coming, though. Mario Party is coming at least.

I loved that game on the Wii.

Dtwenty submitter 1 point 4 months ago

Oh s*** I remember having a Mario Party on GC too, it had some kind of microphone.. Me and my wife would play it all the time, i think i remember a cruse ship.

Good to know! Is it known if its a "new" or old port like MK8 from wiiU?

gorkti200 2 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

It's a brand new one for Switch. You can check out the cheese-tastic commercial for it; it's more a commecial for the Switch itself, but, it does highlight how the game has some unique features that only a Switch (or multiple Switch's) could perform.

Oh, that looks drunk fun, here's hoping we don't need two switches just for 4pyr mode.

manirelli staff 8 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Software > Games / Gaming".

Oops, sorry*

Nullarc77 3 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

Honestly if the switch had more first party games I would prioritize getting one. But with Metroid Prime 4 having been announced a whike ago, And Mario Kart being something that I used to love, I may get ome around Christmas depending on my financial situation. I am not a big fan of phone gaming, And while I do find Fortnite more fun on the phone then PC(Mainly because if I am on PC there are usually other games I would rather play) The controls are what kills it for me. So a switch is something I wamt, Amd having a Mario strikers game would be awesome, Along with all the other first parts ganes.

Dtwenty submitter 2 points 4 months ago

Well, IGN has there review up for Octopath Traveler, 9.3!

gorkti200 2 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

I really want this one as well.

I remember seeing that game for the first time and thinking, "if we ever end up with one of these systems im buying that game"

Evil_Paroxysm 5 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

WTF ever happened to Strikers? It was like, the best game ever!!!

Backyard Soccer. Checkmate.

Took me a min to get that :)

Memo1010 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

Super Mario Sluggers is better prove me wrong

I can't because when combined "proof" and "opinions" only create an oxymoron, so technically you pitched me a bull**** question lol :) However i have never played one. Any new Sluggers coming to Switch? For whatever reason i am looking for arcade sport games that don't suck and are more "modern" aka "newer".

Memo1010 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

lol, I never actually played Strikers but loved sluggers as a kid, to my knowledge they aren't making a new strikers or sluggers but I would consider buying the sluggers game if it looked good (but not strikers cause I hate soccer lol)

I hate all sports but love them as games, go figure?