• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

FullPayGaming 4 months ago

I dnt know if new AIO install is causing this,but every since I installed it yesterday it has started.EVERYTIME i click "shut down" it just restarts.In any way can this be related to the coolermaster masterliquid ML240R installation.Someone please help.My motherboard is gigabyte z370 gaming 7.

Comments Sorted by:

Morgan123 1 point 4 months ago

Hello,

First of all, I'd check where you have it wired, maybe in wrong location. Check Motherboard documentation.

Check the AIOs wiring harness, the connectors and wires.

I'd pull it, and put the old CPU Cooler back on to test.

If it starts working normally, you might check the Motherboard for clearances.

Might be shorting something out.

Check the mounting bracket, to verify it's not shorting out anything.

Check to see you didn't apply too much thermal paste, could of got on a pin or in a pinhole of the CPU socket, causing it to lose electrical contact.

If it's an AMD Processor, Check the pins to see if any are bent.

Check all your connections from the power supply going to the Motherboard and check wiring from front case, as well.

I'll stop here, let us know if you still need help.

FullPayGaming submitter 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

If it was "shorting" something out,wouldnt that causes it to maybe keep cylcing off over and over or not cutting on?Im pretty sure I have wired correctly.I habe the radiator fans plugged in the "CPU_OPT and the pump in the "HPWR_FAN_PUMP.I will double check wiring once I get back home,but Im thinking if it was wiring related then it should either not power on or keep cutting off,something like that

Morgan123 2 points 4 months ago

Hello,

Yeah, I was just thinking on the fly. It's only a checklist, not carved in stone. Check only what you think is possible, disregard the rest.

Cheers!

FullPayGaming submitter 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

Finally fixed it..After days of googling and all the none working steps the "internet" sugggested, after all the forums and post online I read, I found one person that said it was his graphic cards,that it was bad..But knowing mine was brand new,I figured it wasnt bad,just maybe take out and reinstall..I did just that and instantly it fixed it..Now my pc can shut down properly when i select shut down!!!!