add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corner Desk Problems

Mighty_Spoon

18 months ago

After finally deciding that my tiny, used, and falling apart desk is going to go, I found a nice l-shaped desk to go with. I can provide a link if needed. My only concern is that I don’t have any experience with l shaped desks as far as setups go, and I’ve seen quite a few different versions. I have a mic arm, webcam, two monitors, and of course, a tower. Any tips or ideas on placement?

Comments

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

It depends on how big your space its. Especially that have two monitors, you have to decide what is your best viewing angle (side, center of the v,etc). Since you have two you may have to angle them next to each other as a 1|1 or on top of each other (if you have that particular monitor mount.

If you like to see your tower and if it also has a side window, it's better to have it on the table for viewing aesthetics (set either angled or straight) Also, many people will yell "TAKE THE TOWER OFF THE FLOOR" for dust prevention.

For the mic arm, you are your own king for that decision. Clamping it in the back. in the front, it just depends on how neat you want your desk to look, if you have loose wires.

• 18 months ago
  • 2 points

Thanks. I'll take what you said into account; it makes sense.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube