add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bored of video games?

maes

16 months ago

Hey guys. I'm starting to drift off and get bored of video games after a 2 hour or 3 hour session (unless I'm with friends, I can play for a while) but other than that, I just shut my PC down and don't play for a while, until something sparks me to play again. I have a PS4 aswell, and I sometimes check on that when my PC is shut down... I play CS:GO, overwatch, Siege, fortnite etc (Mostly FPS) and I just get tired of one game and then I'm not in the mood to play any other game for like 4 hours... I'm working 2 jobs and driving around & whatnot... Has this happened to you guys?

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

lol this is entirely normal. Getting tired of playing a game for 3 hours straight is not unusual. You're fine.

You definitely play the same genre over and over, so perhaps you should expand your horizons there.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Is it me or I can just go on Overwatch and play comp for 7 hours straight.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to do similar sessions in games.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

Btw, watch out for ligma, it is a dangerous disease

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

derp

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don’t watch out for it, some people will say ligma balls, which is a warning that the virus has already spread.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I used to play Overwatch about as long as you do. Never in comp though, it felt rigged. (Mostly because I didn’t have a dedicated team.)

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

Yep this is normal. I'll typically play for 2 hours or so then do something else with my day. Sometimes I'll get bored of gaming all together for a while and I'll do stuff outside all day, exercise, etc. Once I come back I feel much more engaged and ready to play. If I play something for too long or too many days in a row I get burned out and stop having fun.

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

yeah.. I have so much backlog in all my consoles, ps2, ps3, wii, psp, ds, and pc. I keep buying games and I haven't had the time to play them or the mood either.

I just use it to watch youtube, netflix, and do emails. Though recently I've been working on costume stuff, which I do need to go into OW for models. Does that count as gaming? XD

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Which character?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Pajamei XD

• 16 months ago
  • 2 points

.......ok

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. Happens all the time. One day, I managed to play my friend's XBox all day, but that was a rare occasion (and we kept switching the game constantly, so that helps).

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

This happens to me also except on the best of games when there is always something to do. I have started making CSGO maps now as well somethings instead.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

This is normal, playing longer than an hour a day is what I would consider unusual, especially if you're working two full time jobs. How do you have time to sleep and eat? Full Time Job = 8 Hours, Sleep = 7 Hours, Eating = 1 hour (total) Full Time Jobx2 + Sleep + Eating = 24 Hours leaves you with literally 0 time for anything else like exercise or hobbies, etc.

If these are two part time jobs, then that's a lot better, but still there's more to life than just games. Have you considered picking up a new hobby, exercising more, or trying to learn a new skill? Games are a means of passing time and entertainment and too much of it is not good for you. Getting burnt out is probably a sign that you have a void that games are not filling.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh - forgot to meantion the jobs are casual. I participate in sport constantly, and play piano 4 times a week for about an hour (I go to a performing arts school).

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Play goat simulator!

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube