add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Relatively short matx case on a budget.

TheIbbyTron

10 months ago

What's the best cheap matx case that isn't too tall. I'm talking a maximum of £40 with decent build quality.

Edit: tall meaning around it wouldn't be taller than a standard monitor at medium height.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Any particular requests for drive bays, front ports, and clearance for CPU coolers and graphics cards?

Edit: tall meaning around it wouldn't be taller than a standard monitor at medium height.

Could you be more specific about the desired external dimensions of the case? Shorter than a "standard monitor at medium height" is subject to a variety of interpretations.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I need 2 drive bays for my ssd and hdd. Front ports aren't really a problem. Preferably 2 USB ports as a minimum. I'll just be using the stock cooler so no issues there and the gpu is yet to be bought. It'll be the cheapest used so I guess that's not a deal breaker. I was thinking no wider than 20cm. No longer than 30cm preferably. No taller than 25cm preferably. I'm sorry I can't really help with this as this are all just guesstimated numbers from my head. If it helps the category would be micro atx mini tower. Thanks!

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

20cm by 30cm by 25cm is pretty restrictive.

The Kolink Satellite could fit your budget and get into that volume level, but won't accommodate the vast majority of uATX boards.

The Chimera Cerberus is about as small as most good uATX cases get, but is far too expensive for the £40 figure you mentioned.

The Raijintek Styx or Styx Classic is generally beyond your budget and size limit, but comes close.

I'd have a look at those and try to refine your size estimate, unless the Cerberus and Styx really are too big, in which case, mini-ITX options or uATX cases with low-profile expansion slots may be your best bet.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Thermaltake Versa h17/18? h17 has only one hard drive bay, so watch out for that kinda need a little bit more info about other things you want on this case

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahhh I would be needing two drive bays. Have a 3.5' and a 2.5' drive. Thanks for the reply!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube