add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Slow internet speeds?

crichardson26

15 months ago

So I was updating destiny 2 on battle.net and it was downloading around 10-20mb/s. So then I went and checked my ethernet settings (because i use a wired connection and it said my speed was 1 gb/s. Why is it downloading the updating at 10-20mb/s when my computer says it has a 1gb/s connection?

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Double check your Battle.net settings it has reset a couple of times with all the updates lately.

And just because you have good net doesn't always mean there isn't an issue upstream, as well as Blizzards had a ton of server issues related to the sudden increase in people using services with a new expansion for WoW.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Just because you have a 1gb/s speed doesn't mean you can access every machine on the internet at that rate. That's just the maximum best possible rate your connection is capable of handling (and only machines that are basically 1-2 hops from your own would even be capable of doing that). Since most connections go through a different number of hops to get somewhere that means each hop that data packets are going through will slow it down.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube