add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2080 or 1080ti?

IamNotGoodWithUsernames

14 months ago

I am not looking to drop $1000 on a GPU so the 2080ti is out of the equation ( at least for now ).

But i am not looking for anything below a 1080ti or 2080 and i am wondering if i should take the risk and hope the 2080 gets faster with future drivers or get a 1080ti?

( PS i am wondering if MSI will bring their iconic red and black GPU's to the 2000 series of cards? if not ill definitely just get a 1080ti )

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm on the same boat. The only positive features to go with rtx 2080 is driver support and DLSS. I can save $250 Canadian which $200 USD for Gtx 1080ti (brand new) vs 2080... So having tough decision.2080ti on the other hand is out of reach. and the fact the 2080 has 8gb vs 1080ti's 11gb.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah but the 1080ti i am planning on getting costs 919 USD on amazon right now ( The 1080ti i want to get is the gaming x with red accents ), closer to a 2080ti in price. I might go on EBAY and get the 1080ti i want, but its hard to find a reputable seller. If anyone can help me with finding a good seller let me know ASAP.

[comment deleted]
  • 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Performance being very similar go with the cheapest. I just wouldn't hesitate long NVidia planned the high pricing to push people into buying up the old out of production cards and they likely won't stay cheaper for long.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Some of the 1080tis are already expensive brand new such as the gaming x version which is $900+ on amazon.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

NVidia stopped producing the graphics cores for the 1080ti/various Titan X/and related products last February.

It's only been the massive oversupply holding prices where they are.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the info! Just wish they overstock on the 1080ti i wanted to get.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Ray tracking hardware just got launched at at the time when LTT did their review there were zero games released that supports that feature and even shadow of the tomb raider hasn't released the patch for ray tracing yet either. Knowing game developers they do not want to cut out large percentages of their customer base by limiting the game to only run on hardware a tiny portion of the market even has. Because of that I can't see ray tracing to become really mainstream for a number of years so even if you don't have a ray tracing card now you should be just fine with that for now. Perhaps in 5 or so years it may be different but now it certainly isn't mandatory.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I saw his review and many others where they all recommend the 1080ti but alot of them have hiked up in price since the 19th making the 2080 sadly, within the same price range as a 1080ti. ( when you buy a new 1080ti )

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

If they’re the exact same price, I would go with the 2080. It’ll get driver support for awhile longer, drivers might make it slightly better, and when Ray-Tracing starts to become a thing you can be one of the first to try that out. However, if the 1080ti is cheaper just go with that.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I just picked up a used EVAG 1080ti for $540 off Ebay and loving it. 2080ti is more future proof, but $1200 is a lot to drop for a video card unless you want 4K gaming.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube