add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How long have you been PC gaming for? ( if at all )

IamNotGoodWithUsernames

14 months ago

I have personally remember playing some of my mothers old PC games from the young age of 4. But the first game i remember playing on the PC was an obscure game called : Westward ( the original 2D one ) ( which was released around 2005. )

Back in an age where Noctua fans wouldn't look out of place and PC specs that would make a mid range PC of the time completely unusable today.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 3 points

2010, playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005)

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

I would say about 1994 Q2/Q3.

My first exposure of Windows was Windows for Workgroups version 3.11 as I was allowed to play with my father while sitting on his lap since I couldn't reach the computer at age 4-5. I remember playing Solitaire, JezBall, Tetris, TetraVex, Rodent's Revenge, Pipe Dream, Chip's Challenge, sometimes Taipei and Minesweeper but I wasn't good with those two particular games. And of course the one game that used to scare me a lot because I hated that eerie snowman poking out of now and eating the ski man yet I loved the game at the same time was SkiFree.

When I was a little more old and could actually sit on the chair and reach keyboard and play with the keyboard and mouse on the computer was Windows 95 and Windows XP became a part of my life with some computer games which was a mix of floppy and discs. Overtime in 2008 I began to PC game more with my HP desktop and been heavy PC gaming at 2009 to the present. I cannot say that I have a large collection of PC games either.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

SkiFree was the best! I was so convinced there was a way to escape/dodge the yeti guy.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree about SkiFree being the best.

I was so convinced there was a way to escape/dodge the yeti guy.

I failed miserably over and over again but couldn't stop playing the game.

I should clarify, I meant to say that I began some form of PC gaming when I was ages 5-6. I easily mix up my ages 4-5 because that's when I was into Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt from NES and with arcades it was Pacman, StreetFighter II, Killer Instinct, and Mortal Combat. So easy for me to misunderstood my age range at times because I started gaming at age 4 with arcades then home consoles.

My mistake but I was really not a tall girl either haha. It took me a while to be able to reach enough without requiring some kind of boost or a stool to reach the controls from an arcade machine between sitting on a chair to reach the peripherals. (About age 7 I no longer required some kind of boost).

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

If flash games count, I played a lot of stickman games back around 2007 which I would estimate is around when I started.

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

Back from Warcraft 1 : orcs and humans, and Ski or Die on MS-DOS

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

Since Oblivion came out, I remember buying a copy only to find out that my grandmothers computer couldn't run it. So after months of begging she finally took it to the PC shop to get it mildly upgraded so I could. Good times, I miss oblivion. I find it hard to play now though.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

If you mean PC, then since about 1995.

Before that, I had a ZX Spectrum.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Mid 80's.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean I played Roblox back in like 2009, but my first time really playing a PC game was in 2014 when I played CSGO on my laptop.

Though I do have a memory of me playing CS: Source on my dads laptop when he went to the bathroom, I snuck onto the computer and played a couple rounds.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

1991 or 92, been a long time and a wild ride.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

My whole life really. I remember playing Super Tux when I was 2. And I have been playing games like C&C Generals since I was 3.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

No offense, but I don't feel inclined to believe that you remember doing that at age 2

• 14 months ago
  • -1 points

Well too bad for you. Because I do distinctly remember it, Just because the average person can't remember stuff that happened when they were 2 doesn't mean nobody can.

My Dad remembers stuff that happened when he was 6 months old. Good memory runs in my family.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

My Dad remembers stuff that happened when he was 6 months old

There is no way you are gonna get me to believe that

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Why? Are you saying it is impossible?

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

It is. Basic biology dictates it. The part of the hippocampus that holds memories long-term isn't developed until 3-4 years of age. It is plausible to have memories from a few months before this range, but memories from six months of age is completely impossible. What is actually happening is that he interpreted things his parents told him about this time as actual memories. In other words, it isn't his actual memory of this time, he's just repeating what he was told about it.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently I never sent my response that I typed yesterday, lol. I have been PC gaming since around the early 90s. I distinctly remember playing this game Gapper, as well as the King's Quest series. There was another game that I remember but I cannot recall the name of it, and Google is failing me.

I didn't own my own PC until around 1998-1999 though. I was mostly console gaming until then, but my family did have a PC and I played games on it too, and probably got heavily into PC games around 1996 or so, starting with DOOM/DOOM2 and C&C Red Alert.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably The Oregon Trail and Where in the Wolrd is Carmen Sandiego on a Machintosh at school. Definitly played the original Doom on our first Home PC. That thing was set up on our kitchen table. I really think Quake 3 Team Arena was the first real PC game that got me into PC gaming. I never really got into Counter Strike/Half-Life at the time.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

F-15 Strike Eagle in the late 80s/early 90s. I had no idea what I was doing but I sure loved playing that game.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

Since about 2003-2004. I remember being like 5-6 and playing Monster Jam: Maximum Destruction and Destruction Derby 2.

• 14 months ago
  • 1 point

I played the original railroad tycoon on my school's computers (just bring it on a floppy disk since they had no hard drives lol). that was in 1990 when it came out. If you want to go back further to Commodore 64/128 and even Vic 20, early 80s then.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube