• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

TrueVanguard 6 days ago

I need a fun game under $5. Please dont suggest csgo i already have it. Im bored of my current games right now and i need something new. Can only afford $5 Games right now because i pre ordered black ops 4. Thanks in advance :)

Comments Sorted by:

Nullarc77 2 Builds 3 points 6 days ago

If you can't decide on a specific game you could try Origin Access.

Unturned is a great free game.

And then what others have already recommended.

gorkti200 2 Builds 2 points 6 days ago

TIL Origin Access is so cheap.

democrachi 1 Build 2 points 6 days ago

Free games: Fortnite, League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Warframe, Path of Exile, and I think one of the Starcraft 2 Campaigns is free but you'll have to double check that one. (I don't play fortnite, but have/do play all the others)

EDIT: I can't say any/all of these games are good games, but they are free.

gorkti200 2 Builds 2 points 6 days ago

StarCraft 1 is free and the original campaign of SC2 (Wings of Liberty) is free. Can confirm they are excellent games too =)

democrachi 1 Build 2 points 6 days ago

I totally forgot that all of SC1 was free! Time for a good 'ol nostalgia trip.

gorkti200 2 Builds 1 point 6 days ago

I played through the whole thing relatively recently (a few years ago). It was after I was on an RTS high from having played Heart of the Swarm. I booted WC3 and Frozen Throne, played all those. Then I played through all of SC1 and Brood War.

Nobody makes RTS games like Blizzard imo. =)

EDIT to my great shame, I have still not gotten Legacy of the Void. Esp since Protoss was my team originally when I played SC2.

democrachi 1 Build 1 point 6 days ago

TBH I still need to play the Protoss campaign. I didn't even realize I had gotten Heart of the Swarm until a few months ago and finished it recently. The intro cinematic for Legacy of the Void is (as per usual for Blizzard) absolutely epic.

mack_au 3 Builds 2 points 5 days ago

Peggle! Or Peggle Nights!

Unfortunately none of these seem to be at $5 on Steam right now, but games that sometimes go on sale at $5 that are worth it imo are: FTL: Faster On Light, Door Kickers, Limbo, Hotline Miami, Braid, Papers Please, Trials 2: Second Edition.

A 1 month EA Access membership might be worth it, as you could play a lot of the Battlefield Games (I think BF1, BF3, BF4, Bad Company 1, Limbo, the entire Mass Effect trilogy, Dead Space trilogy, Crysis trilogy, Peggle, Titanfall 1 & 2, Mad Max and a bunch of Batman games. You could spend hundreds of hours on the Mass Effect games if they are your thing.

Nullarc77 2 Builds 2 points 5 days ago

I second FTL.

M0RKILLZ.twitch 1 point 6 days ago

Free games that can run on just about anything:

browser games

Bullet Force(Excellent CSGO ripoff) healthy playerbase, multiple maps, 60+ guns (with 12+ skins each) body skins, throwables, weapon customization (suppressors, flash hiders, 4+ different types of scopes) and no real money-to-game-money transactions available https://www.crazygames.com/game/bullet-force-multiplayer

Krunker.io an IO game with mods, custom maps, (from map design to time speed and jump strength) different modes, different classes, and skins coming soon. Has voice chat.

Surviv.io you have probably already heard of this, basically its like PUBG with agario style graphics

Free Games

PUBGM on Tencent Gaming Buddy (emulator) PUBG with worse graphics but some interesting different features. Free, healthy playerbase, but has some of the same problems as PUBG (deluge of paid crates, all cosmetics cost money (but you can do missions and achievements for free premium crates))

hellfire19981 1 point 6 days ago

whats your PC specs? what games are on your wishlist? do you own PUBG? tried Fortnite? you can find BF1 for $10 right now. the Evil Within 2 is fun, if you're into survival horror (you can get it for $13, can't say where). a true $5 game is stick fight: the game. pretty funny game for the first day or so.

galacticPerson 1 point 5 days ago

You can play CSGO on just straight bot rounds as much as you want for free. Warframe is pretty gut as well.