• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

GarageMan 4 days ago

So I'm using a Fractal Design Focus G, and was hoping to clean the cables up, so I was reccomended a PSU shroud, are there any good guides/ things I need to know for this project? Is it possible to do without power tools, other than a heat gun? Is it possible to install a rubber grommet for cables?

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 5 Builds 1 point 4 days ago

I made my PSU shroud in my Glass Fusion build without any tools. I used a heat gun to soften it up then make the bend. Could install rubber grommets I suppose or slightly easier may be with some rubber edging / black electrical tape which is soft. By cutting in the holes for cables, you can make the gaps very tight so you would have it pass through clean but leave little space to eshew need for rubber grommets. If you want to make holes / cuts however, get acrylic cutting tool's, I used a plastic score going over the area I wanted to cut a few times. It does require patience to get it done without power tools, but can be done.

GarageMan submitter 1 point 4 days ago

Looks amazing. Defnitely a goal! Thanks for the tips

PrivatePengu 1 point 3 days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5E2XEz1H4w

Just get some acrylic, a bit of spray paint (potentially some vinyl and a cutter for making stensils), an acrylic knife, and a heatgun.

PrivatePengu 1 point 3 days ago

For the rubber grommet part, you can find some rubber grommets on Amazon or Ebay, and simple cut a hole out of the acrylic that matches it. This might be difficult with a standard acrylic knife, but you may be able to make it work.