PCPartPicker

• Register

Any cases smaller than the MSI Trident 3?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Nathananderson839037 2 months ago

Hello, I was wondering if there were any Mini-ITX cases that were about the same size or smaller than the MSI Trident 3 prebuilt? Really, what I'm trying to do is get a desktop that could fit into a GAEMS Vangaurd.

Edit: Trying to fit a discreet gpu in there as well.

Comments Sorted by:

Legion6115 1 Build 2 points 2 months ago

There are few special boutique ITX cases which have been made, like the Skyreach 4 Mini, Salvo S400/401, and Moldivio xCase. You will be paying a premium for those cases, though. As for mass produced cases, I can't think of any off the top of my head that also support a discrete dual-slot GPU, unless you're willing to go for something a little bigger like the RVZ02 or the Node 202.

Markal 1 point 1 month ago

Really like the Skyreach 4 Mini

Nathananderson839037 submitter 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

Think that is what I'm going to end up going with.

Markal 1 point 1 month ago

go with mini versions of whatever GPU you decide to get. and you may have to do a bit of case modding to get it to fit all the way in there. You can literally email the NFC company and Josh(The guy that started it) will email you back within a couple of hours. He is incredibly knowledgeable and is honest about what you can and can't do with the 4 mini

Started a parts list opinions thread here:
https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/296042-mini-mini-itx

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
acewingman 1 point 2 months ago

One case that comes to mind in the Realan brand. These are truly smaller than a console.

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

Theres quite a few second hand market Alienware X51 that are available and the PC is fairly slim and lightweight and supports regular length video cards.

Moop1337 1 point 1 month ago

The Geeek A30 or A40 might fit. That would provide a couple options.

Both of those come in to the 8.5 - 10 liter range, I'm looking closer to 5 liters. thanks though.

Moop1337 1 point 1 month ago

How about looking into the options on Taobao? There's a few on there based on some of the more expensive options, though you'll obviously be paying a premium for shipping. There's a pretty good thread on it over (in English) on the small form factor forum.

BetrayedPredator 1 point 1 month ago

Maybe a DAN A4?

Its about the smallest you can get that will support full length dual length GPUs in a more shoebox shape