PCPartPicker

• Register

Any cases smaller than the MSI Trident 3?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Nathananderson839037 4 months ago

Hello, I was wondering if there were any Mini-ITX cases that were about the same size or smaller than the MSI Trident 3 prebuilt? Really, what I'm trying to do is get a desktop that could fit into a GAEMS Vangaurd.

Edit: Trying to fit a discreet gpu in there as well.

Comments Sorted by:

Legion6115 1 Build 2 points 4 months ago

There are few special boutique ITX cases which have been made, like the Skyreach 4 Mini, Salvo S400/401, and Moldivio xCase. You will be paying a premium for those cases, though. As for mass produced cases, I can't think of any off the top of my head that also support a discrete dual-slot GPU, unless you're willing to go for something a little bigger like the RVZ02 or the Node 202.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
Nathananderson839037 submitter 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

Think that is what I'm going to end up going with.

[comment deleted]

Started a parts list opinions thread here:
https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/296042-mini-mini-itx

acewingman 1 point 4 months ago

One case that comes to mind in the Realan brand. These are truly smaller than a console.

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

Theres quite a few second hand market Alienware X51 that are available and the PC is fairly slim and lightweight and supports regular length video cards.

Moop1337 1 point 4 months ago

The Geeek A30 or A40 might fit. That would provide a couple options.

Both of those come in to the 8.5 - 10 liter range, I'm looking closer to 5 liters. thanks though.

Moop1337 1 point 4 months ago

How about looking into the options on Taobao? There's a few on there based on some of the more expensive options, though you'll obviously be paying a premium for shipping. There's a pretty good thread on it over (in English) on the small form factor forum.

BetrayedPredator 1 point 4 months ago

Maybe a DAN A4?

Its about the smallest you can get that will support full length dual length GPUs in a more shoebox shape