• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

speed258 4 days ago

Is it worth it to buy for Intel I7-8700K cpu or should I look for other Asus motherboard, but from Pcpartpicker reviews are quite good, I'm mostly interested in quality, realiability and good overclocking, rgb does not matter. Thanks for ideas.

Comments Sorted by:

StuC 1 point 3 days ago

Have that in my current home build (yet to get pictures posted up).. Must admit much of my build was influenced by checking the popular reviews on here and for checking compatibility..

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/StuC/saved/ddpqkL

Runs well with the 8700k (Mine was put together back in June when it was a fair bit cheaper)., have have 2 nvme m.2 running on it. Had No problems with setup. As you say its not heavy on rgb (my aio and gpu gives it a decent level IMO, wasnt something I was targeting appearance wise...

Xx_Hemi_xX 1 Build 1 point 3 days ago

I almost purchased this MB. The only reason I didn't was it didn't have a USB-C connection for the front panel. I went with the X Hero instead. This would be a great board for the 8700k. Asus are the leaders in the Industry IMO.

mark5916 1 point 3 days ago

Yes you could, but you could get the following Z390 boards from Gigabyte as well, for almost the same money.

Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING SLI
ASUSTECHMKTJJ ASUS 10 Builds 1 point 10 hours ago

Yes, this board is a considerable upgrade especially in the VRM design alone compared to the previous generation. The previous generation was very solid but if you plan to push you 8700K to its general limits the overall load performance is superior. Otherwise, there is nothing you lose by getting this compared to a previous generation. In my opinion, the real question is where or not you would drop down to a TUF GAMING or bump up to a STRIX GAMING where you have WiFi. In case you are wondering on the specifics the newer Z390 features Optimos power stages ( integrate the mosfet / driver ) together this allows for superior operating efficiency and overall operating performance. They also operate at a lower thermal envelope. Tie that in with the improved VRM heatsink design which makes contact with the power stages as well as the inductors ( chokes ) and you have a solid upgrade. This is especially the case for 4.8GHz+ overclocking under full consistent loads.