• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

turtleskeet 2 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hmtCmG/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2

if i want to replace the fan in front of the cooler, can i just use a regular air flow fan or do i need one of the static fans?

Comments Sorted by:

Hammer182 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

It's always a good idea to bump up the static pressure stat of a fan you use to push air through an obstacle (fins of an air cooler or the rad of a clc). Don't know what your budget is for a replacement fan, but at the high end you have the Noctua NF series industrial fans that are both high CFM and static pressure, but they're pricey. Just don't get something that's all CFM and no pressure and you should be ok.

turtleskeet submitter 1 point 2 months ago

im putting all rgb corsair fans in my build and i know they make the static as well as the normal ones

BetrayedPredator 1 point 2 months ago

It really doesn’t matter unless you go extremes

You are looking at margin of error for general usage between fan types

Tetsuclaw 5 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

The heatsink on a Hyper 212 evo is not very constricting but as long as you pick a decent 120mm 4pin PWM fan you should be golden. It is not a super high density fin stack and the tower itself is not all that thick either so unless you get a really weak fan just about any fan would work.

Now I would aim for a nice silent fan and also considering the heatsink I also would not spend a ton on it either. I would likely pick up a Be Quiet! fan for cheap and use that. Something like this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/M6vZxr/be-quiet-pure-wings-2-120-870-cfm-120mm-fan-bl039

That is a bit more of an airflow fan rather than a pure static pressure but for about 10 bucks top rpm is about 20db when other fans in that price range are 25-32db. Even that RGB Corsair fan you mentioned costs about 80% more and is 26 db in noise which is considerably louder. Also should have more than enough pressure to push air through the heatsink and has a higher airflow rating. It is not like we are dealing with a thick radiator with a super high fin density where to get enough airflow you need pure static pressure fans in push/pull config.