• Log In
  • Register

Question about what I should do with my GPU.

Forum Search


  • Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed


gavinthehumanboy 3 days ago

( I don't know much about PCs. )I bought a $220 1060 SC 3gb a month ago because it was $40 off, I'm realising now that I probably should of waited since I'm planning to build my pc near christmas. So the question is, should I sell it for around the same price and then wait for even better price drops/deals on 1060s in the next few months? There is a RX 580 4gb Dual fan for $185, and I've heard that card is as good as a 1060 6gb. I'm even wondering if I should buy that card now even before I sell my 1060 3gb just so the deal doesn't expire as I'm on a tight budget as well as a highschool student with no job. Any help is appreciated.

Comments Sorted by:

manirelli staff 8 Builds 1 point 3 days ago

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Hardware > Video Cards".

Gilroar 1 Build 1 point 3 days ago

If you can return it then its probably a decent swap.

If you are outside of the return window its probably not worth the hassle since you are not going to get as much for a secondhand GTX 1060.

gavinthehumanboy submitter 1 point 3 days ago

I bought it about a month and a half ago on amazon, I don't think I'm still able to return it.

What do you think is the most I would get for a secondhand 1060 SC 3gb? I've never even used it or taken it out of its box for more than five minutes. It's practically new.

Gilroar 1 Build 1 point 3 days ago

Not much they have been going anywhere from $130-$160 so you would end up spending more money.

gavinthehumanboy submitter 1 point 3 days ago

Alright, thanks.

flexo_is_great 1 point 3 days ago

Unless the 2050 comes out by Christmas, and is a lot better at the same price point, I wouldn't expect the 1060 prices to change much...

gavinthehumanboy submitter 1 point 3 days ago

ok, thanks.

hellfire19981 1 point 3 days ago

I recommend selling here on the forums and showing proof of date-of-purchase. most people would throw $160 at that if you can show its in like-new condition. I'd wait till black friday and pick up an RX 580 8GB. its a good card for the price as is, and probably will be even better on BF.