• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

IDGam3r 2 months ago

So to clarify, I am not AGAINST IPS monitors, I avknowledge their features that make them better than TN, In saying that I have my reasons for calling TN superior, mostly because IPS does not do one thing that TN does, 1ms response times, I swear, I have researched everywhere for anything relating to an IPS monitor that has 1ms response times and I cannot find one, the closest IPS does is 4ms which to me being honest is 3ms too long, granted I don’t do tournaments, nor am I so finetuned that I would recognise the difference between 5ms and 1ms, and in defence, I did read that people have stated that lower response times IS infact better, so I am vindicated on my desire for 1ms response times, in saying that, I am at a point where I need a new monitor as my TV just isn’t cutting it.

I know people will reccomend me a good 1ms monitor, after asking me what my budget is($800AUD), but then You got to take into account these:

I want 32k I want 1000Htz I want 1000nits bightness HDR Dolby Vision G-Sync Highest Colour Contrast MLED 1ms Input Lag And what basicly is a monitor that will likely come out when 128k is common among 90% of all PC Gamers(at that point I would be screaming at tech companies saying “Why did it take you this long to bring out this monitor, you couldnt bring it out when 32k was mainstream, you couldnt push for the best of everything when 32k was mainstream, you just had to wait, you slowpokes”

Before you comment saying “Developing High End Monitors with those specs take a long time if 128k is mainstream by the time it comes out it’s because they could not make a monitor with those specs when 32k was mainstream, besides why 32k”(I measured that 32k is if we appended a resoloution to our eyes, the theoretical maximum resoloution and the maximum htz our eyes can see is 1000htz so I’m vindicated on my htz and resoloution), Yes I know it takes a long time I mean 4k 144Htz HDR is only just becoming prevalant on monitors now and HDR has been out since what 2010, so that means it took 8 years to finally get HDR(so I predict 32 years before a monitor of my spec even begins to surface), so I do not need to be reminded.

Well that went a way off topic, so let me bring it back on course, I avoid IPS because it does not have any 1ms response time monitors, when IPS has 1ms response times, then I may Consider an IPS monitor.

If you read all the way through, I thank you for taking the time to do so, and if you left a comment, chances are I have read it and replied to it so thank you for you comment, Sorry if this topic seemed to be a rant, I instinctively do that without really thinking so, thank you so much for reading.

Comments Sorted by:

m52nickerson 1 Build 4 points 2 months ago

the closest IPS does is 4ms which to me being honest is 3ms too long, granted I don’t do tournaments, nor am I so finetuned that I would recognise the difference between 5ms and 1ms, and in defence, I did read that people have stated that lower response times IS infact better, so I am vindicated on my desire for 1ms response times

Your thinking does not seem to make much sense. If you admit you really can't see the difference between 5ms and 1ms of response time why would you be worried about it? Further more I would ask if you can see the difference in colors? If yes, then an ISP panel is going to make a difference as it is simply something you can see, vs something you can't.

Radox-0 5 Builds 3 points 2 months ago

Well that went a way off topic, so let me bring it back on course, I avoid IPS because it does not have any 1ms response time monitors, when IPS has 1ms response times, then I may Consider an IPS monitor.

Can you genuinely tell the difference between a 1ms response time and a 4ms response time? In the opening post you mention:

nor am I so finetuned that I would recognise the difference between 5ms and 1ms, and in defence, I did read that people have stated that lower response times IS infact better, so I am vindicated on my desire for 1ms response times, in saying that, I am at a point where I need a new monitor as my TV just isn’t cutting it.

Sounds to me you cannot tell the difference you believe, yet because other people say 1ms is needed you feel vindicated in your decision?

You mention you have a TV and there is a lot of diffrence between that and say a 4ms IPS panel with solid specs vs a 1ms TN panel with solid specs, would not base your decision on what you can achieve with your TV, what others say etc. Would try to view them in person to be honest.

cbalmaceda 2 Builds 2 points 1 month ago

I regret reading this entire post, no offense.

IDGam3r submitter 1 point 1 month ago

None Taken

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

The response time is not the same as input lag. I use a 4K monitor with 60hz and an 8ms response time for gaming and I have no ghosting, no input lag and no issues whatsoever. There different level of panel quality which accounts for the end performance of a monitor as well.

I wouldnt use an 8ms monitor for a 100-144hz monitor but for 60hz, its not going to cause any problems (4K is pretty demanding anyways so 4K ultra wont really go higher than 60fps anyways).

BetrayedPredator 1 point 2 months ago

There is a single 4k 144hz panel on the market right now

4ms vs 1ms response time is worthless and you can't notice it

[comment deleted]
IDGam3r submitter 0 points 2 months ago

It’s about why I avoid IPS, though I did go on a bit of a rant unintentionally.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
IDGam3r submitter 1 point 1 month ago

Lol I doubt I am superhuman