add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good router for the money?

IamNotGoodWithUsernames

13 months ago

Price range preferably under $200

Preferably on Amazon, newegg or other trusted retailer

Under $200

I have had good experiences with Netgear and ASUS routers in the past but i generally don't hold much preferences in companies. My current router frequently cuts of the internet at least several times a day if not more. The internet connection where i live isn't bad either.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

What is your networking knowledge/ experience like? I would recommend PFsense on an old PC. It is an open source router OS that has a lot of other fun add-ons you can play with. It is going to require a little bit of networking knowledge or some time to follow a guide, so if you have that then I would say PFsense. If you don't have the time then, what kind of speeds are you paying for from your ISP? What is the minimum, average, and max usage as far as devices connected wirelessly and wired? Do you live in an apartment complex, neighborhood, the sticks? If you can answer these I would be happy to help you find a router to fit your needs!

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I will get back with a reply some when i get all the specs.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube