add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cities Skylines or Planet Coaster?

IamNotGoodWithUsernames

13 months ago

Which game do you prefer and why. I've been playing both alot recently and found out a way to stress test my GPU/CPU in games.

My Pick: Cities Skylines, the mods make this game go from "meh" to extremely fun. Cities Skylines has a modding community competing with the likes of minecraft and skyrim.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 4 points

Cities Skylines, for West Virgina.

• 13 months ago
  • 4 points

A METEOR HAS STRUCK THE CITY!

...Oh wait, i think they meant 200 meteors

COUNTRY ROADS, TAKE ME HOME

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

"Yeah, I think theres a backlogged toilet in the South crater."

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes! RTGame is great, haha.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

"I think thats the problem"

Population: 0

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

I enjoy both. Not played them in a while and while the core element is the same, they are different enough that both are enjoyable in their own way IMO. Great games and reading this makes me want to fire them up again lol.

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm unable to use mods with Cities Skylines (Origin Access) and I can with Planet Coaster (Steam), but I still prefer Cities Skylines. Why? It's a personal issue. I find that with Planet Coaster, I way over-prioritize making everything symmetrical and neat and perfect, and it seriously stresses me out and sucks the fun out. With Cities Skylines, it's much easier to change stuff later on so I'm okay with it. I find it more fun in general, but I can't really explain why? But yeah. :)

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

I feel as with both games i have to be too precise. I watch youtubers like strictoaster and flabiliki and they inspire me to spend 30 hours making a single neighborhood.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah! And I would spend so long making a neighbourhood or ride in the theme park but I don't have the time nor the patience, haha.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

It depends on what you want, but I prefer Planet Coaster

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

both are awesome

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube