• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Kifo 4 months ago

So this is my first time buying a PC and parts, so im a little confused because a lot of the items i have on my list say "mail-in-rebate" so can someone please explain the process of buying and doing all of that?

Comments Sorted by:

Gilroar 1 Build 3 points 4 months ago

After purchase and receiving the product.

1. You print the rebate form and fill out the form with invoice and serial number information.

2. Mail in to address on the form before cut off date.

3. Wait for the manufacturer to get around to sending you the rebate check/prepaid card.

Kifo submitter 1 point 4 months ago

If multiple parts have this rebate, will it be on one card or multiple?

Gilroar 1 Build 3 points 4 months ago

Its multiple rebates so it will be multiple cards/checks.

[comment deleted]
Root_User 2 points 4 months ago

Or you follow through with all the instructions, and don't get your rebate within the expected time frame.

Immediately the time by which you were supposed to receive an update, you contact the rebate service center, and they tell you they never got your rebate. Having followed all the instructions to the letter, you have a copy of all the originally submitted materials, and offer to submit this again.

But wait, even though they ask you to retain copies, they'll only accept the original UPC code! RIP rebate.

Or it actually works out okay and you feel like you got free money when the prepaid card (or check) finally comes. If you do enough rebates, you'll inevitably be screwed out of some, but certainly not all of them are scams.

Slingshott 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

That’s me! How’d you know?

Gilroar 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

All too true.