PCPartPicker

• Register

Opinions on my Black Friday Ryzen/Vega Build?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

CharliePelletier 4 months ago

Hi! I am working on trying to order parts for a Ryzen/Vega build by Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I have a budget of around 13-1400 and I am going to be gaming and probably get into streaming. I may also get a VR headset in the future.

CPU: I have gone back and forth between the 1700x and 2700x. With the 1700x at $150, it's pretty attractive. I also like that I don't have to pay for a cooler that is inadequate for overclocking. On the other hand, the 2700x has a performance boost. On the other other hand, I can go 1700x right now, then upgrade to Zen 2 when it comes out next year.

CPU Cooler: This one looks cool, haven't put much research into a cpu cooler, just been told that I should get an air one.

Motherboard: I don't know a lot about motherboards but, like above, this one looks cool so it's on my list. I am VERY open to changing this because I know very little about mobo's and what's good for which parts. I appreciate any advice.

Memory: This memory looks too good to pass on, I don't care about the price.

SSD: The newest EVO I could find, don't know a lot about the different brand so any advice would be great.

GPU: Have gone back and forth between the Vega 56 and 64 (I have a freesync monitor). At the current prices, the reference Vega 56 just looks too good at 340 to pass on. I am open to any thoughts on which I should get and at what price and from which company.

Case: Back and forth between the Crystal 570x and the Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition, although the Core P5 is outrageously overpriced.

Power Supply: I picked a random power supply over 500 Watts. I know about as much as a brick wall about power supplies.

Please comment with any thoughts, questions or concerns. I will respond to everybody. I appreciate your time.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jLyPGG

Comments Sorted by:

diypartsjoy 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

Looks great but you might want a separate hard drive for your photos, videos, and documents, such as this one.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CbL7YJ/seagate-barracuda-2tb-35-7200rpm-internal-hard-drive-st2000dm006

CharliePelletier submitter 1 point 4 months ago

Hi! I probably should have said this in the post; I already have a hard drive.

Carrier_Taihou 1 point 4 months ago

I'd swap to a better air cooler. There's some solid options on the market that will perform much better without a huge increase in price. Take a look at the Scythe FUMA Rev.B

I don't really think a better air cooler is necessary. I think a seperate drive for files is a better investement to make.

Carrier_Taihou 1 point 4 months ago

For 7 dollars more you don't have a small, single tower air cooler. $40 for that cooler is way overpriced.

I actually do agree with that. He would be better off with a Hyper T4.

Hyper T4: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Jsdqqs/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrt418pkr1