PCPartPicker

• Register

Walmart's Overpowered series lineup should be avoided.

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Granddy 2 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTni-Vfrf9c&feature=youtu.be

Just buy a Dell gaming pc prebuild or build yourself one.

Comments Sorted by:

Granddy submitter 1 point 2 months ago

lmao

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 5 points 2 months ago

Walmart is in collaboration with the Verge

Bartholemew 1 point 2 months ago

It all makes sense now!

m52nickerson 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

I lol'd.

M0RKILLZ.twitch 1 point 2 months ago

laugh out louded

floridaboz 4 Builds 4 points 2 months ago

OK, i just watched the video.......
As many regulars on this site know, i really try to not be negative.
But i in short, i dont know what WalMart was thinking...

slkipp 1 Build 5 points 2 months ago

Walmart was thinking:

"Free money from people that don't know better."

tomtomj2 9 Builds 3 points 2 months ago

Seems from the comments iirc the reason they got the low end model is because it was a shipping error and Walmart shipping absolutely sucks.

Even still these prebuilts sound like overpriced garbage and even prebuilts from other manufacturers with similar specs are much cheaper, would avoid or just build yourself.

Zeromus725 2 points 2 months ago

Yeah, there are many prebuilts with better value.

I was hopeful about Walmart after Bitwit’s video. Now, Steve has shown us the light.

IamNotGoodWithUsernames 1 Build 2 points 2 months ago

I saw the vid when it first came out.

I still don't know why Walmart decided only to make "high end" systems, they could've marketed themselves well to families that aren't rich if their cheapest model wasn't $1400, because let's be honest it'll be parents that buy these. Guess that's a good thing though now less people will have to deal with this headache.

Also dell isn't much better, both dell inspiron or "Alienware" are massive ripoffs. Cyberpower PC and iBuyPower offer better value and have a slightly better reputation. You can't get a good value from a trustworthy pre built manufacturer, it's just not possible.

Granddy submitter 1 point 2 months ago

There's a few thing I've been researching about the oem of walmart's power supply for these line of desktop. They're are called "Green Wall" and are apparently a very popular brand in china. The one in the walmart's op lineup is 80+ rated officially and has some decent heatsinks so the power supply isn't exactly a fire hazard though they, of course, could of used a better oem for these systems.

Radox-0 5 Builds 2 points 2 months ago

Its Great wall, not Green Wall ;)

They are actually a bigger OEM then one may think. They actually OEM for some Corsair units such as theier SF line including new SF600 Platinum, which gets solid reviews: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=567 / some TXM units: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=528 and CS Series

Granddy submitter 0 points 2 months ago

They also make cars and toothpaste as well so I guess that's a thing as well?

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Yeah, they're insanely over priced (hey, that must be what OP in their name means) and ****** quality.