PCPartPicker

• Register

A site to help me build my PC correctly??

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

kaedekurosawa18 2 months ago

Okay, so... I built a PC a few months ago and it's nice. But there's a major problem: because of the excessive amount of "extra" things in there (i.e. RGB lights, extra pci-e items, etc.) the cable management is just waaaaayy horrible and it just looks tacky. So my question is: is there a site or something that'll allow me to input all my parts and generate some form of instructions to help me cable manage that's tailored to my PC? And before you say something like "Just look it up on YouTube!" or "Higher a professional!", one, I've tried. All the YouTube videos I have watched don't include the extra items like, as I said before, RGB lighting or only semimodular PSUs. And two, I literally live in the middle of nowhere, so hiring someone is also out of the question. I'd have to travel halfway down the country to get to Tokyo or Osaka, and personally, I'm not fond of traveling. XD So yeah, If there is a site or maybe an online forum that'll guide me step-by-step that would be great!

Comments Sorted by:

Enrico411 2 points 2 months ago

I had the same problem with my personal build some time ago. Different products with their own rgb controller, temp sensors, fan controller,...

You just have to sit infront of it and be creative and use alot of cable ties ;)

kaedekurosawa18 submitter 4 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

I mean, that's what I did... It didn't turn out so well...

Haze159 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Try to hide as much as possible in back of the case in an organized way.

Warlock 2 points 2 months ago

... is there a site or something that'll allow me to input all my parts and generate some form of instructions to help me cable manage that's tailored to my PC?

No.

PrivatePengu 1 point 2 months ago

No. But it's a good idea if you do it as you are making your PC using the foldable type zipties (Don't know what they're called, the ones with a metal wire inside it), and when you're done you can use zipties as a permanent tool.

worstcaster 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

Because parts are individualized, peoples' personal systems will vary. The best you can do is try to plan you wire runs to put as many wires along the same place as you can. This will let you tie them together. Also look for potential tie down points on your case. I have a Fractal Design Focus G. Some of my initial cable management was not great so I opened the case and neatened it up by secureing the GPU and SATA wires to the frame on the drive cage. Do not be afraid to open the case up and do it again if you are not happy with it.