• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

iiVe 3 months ago

I read as long as it's not a static generating surface I should be fine, our floors are wood and we have both a marble table and a wooden table. Which surface is best? Thanks

Comments Sorted by:

Gilroar 1 Build 3 points 3 months ago

The wood table.

Marble can scratch the paint on the chassis or window even if it is tempered glass.

Xx_Hemi_xX 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

This is why you make the big money.

Gilroar 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

Had a customer take a tempered glass tabletop and set it on a marble top several years ago and scratched it pretty bad.

Xx_Hemi_xX 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

The table that has the best chairs would be my choice. Static really isn't an issue these days with modern components. Just don't be silly like wearing cotton socks rubbing your feet along the carpet to see if you can get an arc from your finger to your CPU.

[comment deleted]
vagabond139 5 Builds 1 point 3 months ago

Not the floor, I have built a PC on the floor before and its the worse. Only second to building a PC in your lap.

I would go for the wooden table.

[comment deleted by staff]
GrinderCB 1 point 3 months ago

I went and bought an inexpensive flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth and build my PC's on it. Nice smooth surface, protects the table, plastic that doesn't build up static, etc. They have them at Walmart for about $3.99 and it comes with clips for securing it to the table. I have an old kitchen table that I use in my basement work area that's plenty solid for building a PC.

[comment deleted by staff]