• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

CharliePelletier 4 months ago

I am looking at an Asus ROG Strix Vega 64 on eBay and it’s condition is “New other”. The price does seem a bit low. Should I bid on it? Pros? Cons? This one ends soon (that’s why I need help quick):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-ROG-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GA-Rog-Strix-Rx-Vega64-Open-Box/183554727698?hash=item2abcb6df12:g:0JsAAOSwENVb-1CD

I appreciate your time!

Comments Sorted by:

bucketofcrud12 4 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

the seller has no feedback in the last month and is using only a stock photo... it may be a compromised account.

CharliePelletier submitter 1 point 4 months ago

I put another bid in because I saw the 100% positive feedback but you are right. Thanks for messaging back by the way. I have very little idea what I'm doing and I'll keep you updated as to what goes on. Should I go for the item because of eBay's Buyer Protection Program? It says that if I don't get the item as described, I get my money back.

as an ebay seller, I would say yes, but I must warn you that these scammers can be EXTREMELY tricky. I just suggest caution.

CharliePelletier submitter 1 point 4 months ago

I ended up going for it. I'll keep you updated and ask any questions if I have them. My account was charged and it says the estimated delivery is December 6-10, so I'm assuming it shipped. Although I cannot find a tracking number. Do you know where a tracking number would be located? It says it's being shipped through USPS Priority Mail.

usually a tracking number should show up under your purchased items section next to the item in question. it typically takes a day or two for them to list a tracking number.