• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Frankdacrook74 4 months ago

So I have a hp dv6700 and would like to upgrade the screen to play 2k with no issues and or of course 4k resolutions if possible also want to replace the mother, CPU, GPU. Memory, and storage I'm keeping the the rest just curious if even I could come up with something thank u for reading

Comments Sorted by:

Warlock 7 points 4 months ago

... hp dv6700 ...

It would not be cost effective to upgrade any 10 years old laptop/system.

eesti 3 points 4 months ago

you are better off getting a new computer

bucketofcrud12 5 Builds 2 points 4 months ago

even IF you were able to find all of the parts that would somehow magically fit in a near-10-year-old chassis, all you're basically going to be doing is gutting the chassis and replacing literally everything else besides maybe the keyboard. not only would this be time consuming, it's probably unlikely you'd find components that would fit that meet your specifications. for the most part, laptops are not very upgradeable -sure, you have a few out there from MSI's Titan series and stuff which get closer to desktop-style upgradeability, but not quite and even then at a significantly increased price-point. I cant recommend that anyway (I've owned one of their Dominator laptops before...with very mixed opinions). As Flexo says, you are certainly better off buying a completely new system. if you dont have the cash right now, just save up for bit.

vagabond139 5 Builds 2 points 4 months ago

You would be replacing everything to upgrade it so just sell it and start fresh.

[comment deleted]