• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Comments Sorted by:

bucketofcrud12 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

for gaming? I would go RX 570 for the free-sync, since an accompanying Free-sync monitor is cheaper than a G-sync one.

SXphen submitter 1 point 1 month ago

I have quite an average 1080p monitor

well, if you dont plan on upgrading the monitor very soon, I guess its a toss-up. I would personally choose the RX 570 just because you could upgrade to a Free-sync display down the road for significantly less than a G-sync one. on top of that, the 8GB VRAM buffer is definitely preferable to 3GB, though I don't know if it'll make a huge difference at less than 1080p high or ultra. your friend is youtube, for benchmarks in games you want to be playing.

SXphen submitter 1 point 1 month ago

I understand that one's 8gb and the other one is 3gb but how come that there is such a difference in price

good question actually. one is made by AMD, the other Nvidia. AMD currently rules the budget video card market and Nvidia just hasn't been able to compete (or perhaps just refuses to). Nvidia wins the High-end right now though. As to exactly why AMD can make cards cheaper comes to down to manufacturing process, manufacturer, and of course whatever the retailer sells them at based on what they payed for them. Nvidia also supports technologies that AMD does not in some cases, but also vice versa. to be fair, the VRAM buffer is not super important at what these cards are designed to target for gaming. most would use these for 1080p 60hz @ medium-high settings (depending on game of course). both will do very well at that task.