• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

ValhallaOutcast 1 month ago

parts already purchased below https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7bCKRJ

The Asus Monitor has Freesync and my APU is AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, does this mean I should go with Radeon to take advantage of FreeSync or does it even matter and I could expand my search to nVidia cards?

aside from that question looking for recommendations, I am a console gamer so even if the card was on par with the PS4 Pro or XB1X

4K 30fps or 1080 ultra 60fps would be great for my needs

budget - $500 CAD

Comments Sorted by:

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 1 point 1 month ago

What is your budget for the graphics card?

ValhallaOutcast submitter 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

500 CAD

SubNauticaWaterWorld47 1 point 1 month ago

What games will you be playing?

FIghting Games, Shooters, Action RPGs like mentioned I am a casual so the mainstream games like

SFV, Dragonball FighterZ, Call of Duty, GTA V etc

macetotheface 1 point 1 month ago

Most of those play pretty well on either AMD or nVidia cards, so a 580 or 1060 6GB would be a great place to start. 580's have been cheaper recently.They will play just about anything at 1080p ultra. 4k30 could be achievable on some games but everything would likely need to be on low. If you can find it within your price range, a 1070Ti or 1080 (may have to go used) would be much stronger by roughly ~70-80%.

Perfect thanks, my biggest concern was losing out on whatever feee sync does , but if it’s not that big of a deal I can at least widen my search to GTX 1060s and 1080s