add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
eesti

11 months ago

I got Pokemon Emerald for the GBA, I want a cheap way to capture it legally for a let's play, for context I have the AGB-001 if that helps

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 5 points

Download an emulator... lol.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

is there a more legal option? I'm in the US

• 11 months ago
  • 3 points

Emulators are legal to download and use, however, sharing copyrighted ROMs online is illegal. There is no legal precedent for ripping and downloading ROMs for games you own, though an argument could be made for fair use. As long as you are not sharing copyrighted ROMs online and not downloading them, you are absolutely fine.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

and how am i supposed to legally obtain the rom from my cartridge?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

...I mean you own the game and Nintendo won't go after you at all (they only go after the websites that has the roms or mods)

It's a grayish area but I've been fine for 3 years now.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

nintendo doesn't know if you own the game, though

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

I mean, you already own a copy of the game right? Personally if you already own the game I don't consider it illegal.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

it's still quite the gray area, how am I supposed to get the rom legally?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, it is a gray area, but honestly I wouldn't really worry about it. The game came out 14 years ago.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

we're talking about nintendo here

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

You could get a GameCube.

Then get a Game Boy Player adapter.

Then use a capture device to capture your GameCube feed.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I determined that it would cost approximately $120 to do that, will be considered

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube