• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Geirr 4 months ago

Hi everyone is a 2070 gtx over kill for my build and if so what would you recommend if so this is my build: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/4pTh8Y

Thanks

Comments Sorted by:

bucketofcrud12 4 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

for that monitor, you'd want an AMD GPU because its free-sync. thus, I would recommend a Vega 56, or 64 if you dont give a ****. if you dont care about frame sync though, a good GTX card for that would be a 1070 or 1070 ti.

Geirr submitter 1 point 4 months ago

Thanks dude for the reply I'm going to probably wait to the new ryzen gpu come out

Rin_Itoh 1 point 4 months ago

No, that GPU is not going to be overkill for that build. Because you have a free-sync monitor you will ideally want an AMD GPU. However, that will depend on what games you want to play and at what settings. I also can't recommend the RTX series of cards at this time. This is due to limited game support, poor price/performance, and a high number of failing FE cards. I think that you would be better served with something like a GTX 1070, which can be found on eBay (at least in the states) going for right around $235 USD.

bucketofcrud12 4 Builds 1 point 4 months ago

used 1070's are definitely the bomb. I picked up a pair for $195 each on craigslist. sure, SLI isnt great, but I mainly play GTA V and Battlefield 1, both of which have decent SLI scaling, so it was a win-win... until I just went ahead and bought a vega 64 since my monitor was free-sync anyway.

Thank you I have been thinking I might wait to the new AMD gpu come out next year and see what they're like but the 1070 is a good option should I pay the extra for a ti?

Rin_Itoh 1 point 4 months ago

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070/3943vs3609

The ti variant will perform about 18% better than the base 1070. If you can find a ti for <= 18% the cost of the 1070 then go for it. Otherwise stick with the 1070. If you are going to upgrade to the next AMD then stick with the 1070 as well.

Thank you, you have helped me so much

Thank you, the games I am wanting to play are fps and survival, like csgo and rust for instance