add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gtx 1050 good for gaming

EverythingGeek2002

11 months ago

I'm on a tight budget and I can't build a new computer. So I want to upgrade my RAM to 16 gb and add a graphics card. I brought The GTX 1050 3GB.

Is it good

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

It depends what games you want to buy and what graphics do you expect from them (low/medium/high) and on what resolution.

I would not buy that card though.

First of all, I'd rather get a better GPU than 16 GB of RAM over 8 GB.

The majority of the games run absolutely fine with 8 GB of system memory. Also, adding more RAM is easier than buying a new GPU and selling your old one.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I've already brought the GTX 1050 but I found a spare 4gb stick of RAM in my garage so I think I'll use that. I was not able to buy anything else other than 1050. I plan to upgrade in the future

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I would highly advise that you buy a whole new 16Gb kit of memory, as separate memory can have slight variations in clock speed even though they are approximately clocked to the same speed. They can also have variations in CAS latency. Unless that 4GB stick of memory came with the memory you are already using in your machine, then buy a new 16GB kit of memory. For the 1050, its ok. Itll do 60 fps at medium settings, but i would go with the 1050ti, but its too late.

[comment deleted]
  • 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I game at 720p

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube