add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX 1070 or RX 580?

caparts

11 months ago

Both 8gb.....difference in performance and price (Canadian prices! CAD). Yes, also used because....in Canada...! LOL!

Here's a 'for-instance' or example: GTX 1070, 8gb - $350 (I missed out on one for $300 - it was snatched up quick) RX 580 8gb - mostly looking at the Nitro+ - I think that is the top 580? - for $245-ish - some are $258 (ebay)

That's the price difference. I guess most of you know the performance difference. I know the 1070 is 'better' but I also use Linux and might try Hackintosh - the RX 580 is supported, natively - so, without too much configuration or tweaking - should 'work out of the box'

The Nvidia card is probably better at being an efficient performer, though - less power consumption. But, the Nitro+ is probably the best card in that series..... the RX 580 Nitro+ is probably shorter than most 1070s too so will be easier to fit in most cases? That's just a minor observation and might be redundant depending on what case I choose.

I don't know which form factor yet so please, unless there is another reason to include all that - only compare to the two cards and the other factors? If I have to think about case sizes and power/heat issues.... ugh, too complicated. :)

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

RX 580 is great for 1080p

GTX 1070 is great for 1440p or 1080p 100 htz game play.

Choose one that best fits your needs and specs.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Mainly depends on your specs and what fits your needs. I recommend MSI for the rx580.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube