add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Where do I plug these?

weirdflexbutok

9 months ago

Hi, I have this build: PCPartPicker part list

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor $534.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $139.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $239.99 @ Newegg
Memory Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $340.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $117.99 @ B&H
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $58.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GAMING OC Video Card -
Case Corsair - Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case $249.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - HX Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $149.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $124.79 @ OutletPC
Monitor Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor $599.99 @ Newegg Business
Monitor ViewSonic - VP3268-4K 31.5" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor $798.99 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $3386.49
Mail-in rebates -$30.00
Total $3356.49

Check images to understand me easier!

https://i.gyazo.com/c5538fa9864ffbf6acc848cdd246b5b1.png https://i.gyazo.com/51fb2cc7dea3760d221daafaf5e67ea5.png

Which of the two 8 pin connections should I plug my CPU cable from the PSU?

And what kind of cable do I have between my middle finger and ring finger?

And lastly, what cable is this with 4/9 holes occupied with different colors cables? !EDIT! It is from the NZXT Kraken, connected to the pump via micro usb, but where do I plug the 4/9 end?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The first one appears to be a USB 2.0 cable that would go to the USB 2.0 header on your motherboard. It also could be the connection for your front IO panel which would go to the audio header on your mother board. The second one appears to be a RGB wire. I see you have the corsair RGB case. You should have at least 3 of those, one for each of the RGB fans, and they connect to the commander pro included with your case.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I think its USB, the audio header usually has the blank pin in another position for me usually.

The 2nd image reminds me of an audio cable that would run from a CD-ROM to the Motherboard, but I have used one of those in years

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The wire from the Kraken uses a USB 2.0 header to communicate with your system. I'm looking at your motherboard now to see how many headers you have.

Looks like you have 2 USB headers on your motherboard. The picture I see has USB white lettering. With the commander pro you will need 3 USB headers to get everything connected. Check the link you will need one of these or you can leave the front IO panel unplugged.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817116035&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Hubs+-+Network+%2F+USB+%2F+Firewire-_-N82E16817116035&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx9im5fCX3wIVkB-tBh0bVA9wEAQYAyABEgIWqPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I already seem to have one of those http://oi64.tinypic.com/2j6009l.jpg

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yeah I forgot about that because mine didn't work lol.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

After you get everything connected you will notice that the fan lights don't light up or light up goofy like. No worries, I'll help you with that if need be.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The pump does not light up and the cpu temperature is 90°C.

What have I done wrong? I connected everything the way the instructions said, the thing is I think it might be the usb cable going to one of the usb ports on the motherboard.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/34931h5.jpg http://oi67.tinypic.com/6se8hw.jpg http://oi67.tinypic.com/11jbuvs.jpg

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Connect the USB cable from the Kraken directly to the motherboard. Your commander pro might be defective like mine was.

I just looked at the pic, I don't see the power connector from the Kraken for the CPU header and the fans. There is also a sata power on the same wire harness that needs plugged in.

You got this

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The USB cable from the Kraken is directly connected to the motherboard (Red), but I have two usb slots and the other usb slot is connected by the commander pro (Blue). The commander pro seems to be working because the 3 fans are spinning. I have something else beside the commander pro also in the case, it is where the 3 RGB cables as linked above are connected.

Can you maybe help me through snapchat? I'll send videos instead which would be so much easier.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I did connect the sata and the 2 fan cables to the fan connector and the cpu_fan was populated by the last tiny cable that came with the connector cable

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

okay, so you now have the cable harness connected to the kraken yes?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm at work lol. Snapchat is out for now but I think you will get this. Don't worry about hitting 90c on the CPU.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think I might habe connected everything right and that I only need to install an OS and then it might work and light up? Because I was just worried about the cpu reaching such high temps and the pump not lighting up. Do you know if I can troubleshoot to see that everything is connected correctly?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

as for the cpu, plug in the 4+4 eps, the 6+2 is for your GPU

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I mounted it correctly because the bios shows the cpu temp

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Look at the pictures I have sent in my previous reply to hemi

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

It has all been fixed I hope and think, every light shines and every fan spins! I am going to install the OS now, can someone tell me how I can reassure myself after a windows install that all components have been detected and are working as they should? Is there a program out there? The Gigabyte bios is very hard to go around on.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

You should be fine, download HWmonitor. It will monitor all temps CPU, GPU and Drives and it's free.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

You can use the Device Manager to check if all hardware is set up properly. Press the Windows Key and start typing "device manager" and it will show up in the start menu. It shows a list of all the devices and if there is a problem it will show a exclamation mark next to the device.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Now I can't download Windows 10 it gives me 0xc0000098 error. I bought the bootable USB from a store with the activation code.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have an extra USB drive 4 gigs or more? The value is the activation key. Make sure you format your hard drive during installation. You could also delete all the partitions and then create a new partition. Make sure you only have the 1 hard drive plugged in that you are installing windows on.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

It feels like RIP atm, I cannot even move the mouse or get any response on my keyboard when I tried booting a Windows 7 usb drive. Mouse keyboard and monitor works fine til I get to the language selection on the Windows 7 installation.

I thought if I downloaded Windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 it would perhaps work.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I assumed you was installing win 10. If you did the free upgrade from 7 to 10 your 7 is gone unless you purchase it again. Some motherboards don't even support 7 any more. Are you wanting win 10 or 7?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Nevermind all that, I have everything up and running now with Win 10 Pro 64-bit.

I have two things to now:

1. Check so that all my parts are up to date with the drivers and that they are working ofcourse.

2. And all I am really missing right now in the case is a matching rgb fan on the rear and maybe som led strips. And I am a bit torn regarding which way to put my PSU, fan downwards would be optimal but I can't screw it down then, so it is fan upwards right now luckily there are holes so the air is pumped to the motherboard. But regarding my cpu coolers radiator/fans. I have fans blowing air out of the case from the top and the radiator right below.

Are these optimal psu fan / radiator(+fans) setups?

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Ideally the PSU should be positioned so it is drawing cool air in from the bottom. Double check it, you should be able to screw it in either way with no issue. Won't make a lot of difference either way.

My fans draw cool air in from the front through my rad and blows it out the top and back.

Take some pics and post your build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube