add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Computer will not do Anything

The__Legacy

9 months ago

So earlier this week my laptop stopped doing stuff, it turns on but when I try to use the internet or really anything it will not work. It struggles to open things, it took me 10mins to get into the settings and I tried to restart the thing without deleting anything important and it won't complete the task. It is a 4-5 year old Lenovo Yoga 700

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

try booting in safe mode to see if that solves it. if it does then you can start looking for programs it runs in the background during normal boots. Could run some malware detection as well.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like it's time for a fresh start. Pull the HDD, put it in an enclosure, connect to a different computer, back up any essential data, put the HDD back into the computer & install windows from scratch.

I know it sounds drastic, but 5 years is a LOT of uptime for Windows & a fresh start is sometimes the best thing you can do for a computer.

That option aside, CrazyFool's suggestion is a very good choice & will let you avoid the hassle of starting up from zero.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Stop surfing so much **** before you go blind. Your laptop will thank you too.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube