add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Not getting a display, but computer turns on

Malarky006
  • 17 months ago

I built my PC, no IG, all of the fans are spinning when I turn it on (CPU, GPU, 2 case fans) but I'm not getting any signal on my monitor. The monitor has a DVI and VGA port, I'm using the DVI because the GPU has a DVI, HDMI, and I think DP. I know the monitor works with the VGA port, and the DVI cable I just ordered new. It's DVI-I, not DVI-D. All the parts other than the GPU are new, the GPU is my friend's old 960, but it was working before he gave it to me, and it's been in an anti static bag the whole time and handled very carefully. Do any of you know why I might not be getting a signal?

The computer also turns on for around 30s, turns off for a second, and repeats. I don't know if that's normal

Comments

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

GPU power is fully connected? If the GPU extra power cables are connected properly, it might be a PSU issue, or of course the GPU itself might be dead. If you had another machine that you could install the GPU into temporarily, that would help diagnose the problem.

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

Parts list?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

If you haven't already yank out the GPU and reinstall it. If it still doesn't work try a different PCIE slot.

• 17 months ago
  • 0 points

Not too familiar with troubleshooting but based on my experience is your ram situated correctly?

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe so. It's fully in there, I heard the clicks, and they're in A2 and B2, which is what my MB recommends

• 17 months ago
  • 1 point

try taking them out and put back in they can be finicky. Or just running one and not both. then reverse them (one might be bad).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube