add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

gskill Trident Z Royal compatiblity with AMD?

meiling888

11 months ago

This probably is a stupid question, but is gskill's Trident Z Royal ram able to run on AMD mobos? If they are, I'm sure it will be only for base speeds and low OC-ing speeds. I've been checking the qvl list and all I've been finding are Intel mobos. I get that there more market for intel on most of these things, but why can't AMD get enough love

[I know I'll heard that AMD sucks, low marketability, and that jazz, blah blah blah]

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

The previous G Skill RAM have all worked with AMD with no issue, so honestly I don't think there'd be any issues.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

It’s on the manufacturer to add to the QVL

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

The Royal are just TridentZ with glitz on the outside, as far as I know. They should run as well or as badly as any other TridentZ with the same timings, on any given CPU/mobo combination. You're likely to see rated or close to rated speeds unless you are unlucky with your silicon.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 11 months ago
  • 1 point

pricing. I know intel is better, but AMD runs well and won't break my wallet too much.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube