add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Stupid Site Questions: Updating Builds and Inventory

ewhac

14 months ago

I'm about to upgrade the GPU in exiguous, and was wondering what the general philosophy is concerning modifying completed builds here. Are completed builds considered snapshots in time, or are they "living documents" that change as the machine changes? I realize this is kind of a Ship of Theseus question, but wanted to better understand the general view of the site.

Second: How do I add parts to my inventory? All the parts in exiguous show up in my inventory, but the parts in Alexandria Mk. II do not.

Comments

• 14 months ago
  • 2 points

I've seen it done two ways:

-People making a new build where it is clear in the title it is an upgrade (for example "exiguous 2.0" or "exiguous GPU upgrade").

-People updating the same build and adding new photos, and editing the subscription with an "Update 12/20/2018" block in the description somewhere.

It's up to you how you feel is more appropriate. Personally for a small one-or-two-part upgrade, I would just do it the second way. Any substantial change I'd make a new completed build.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube