add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Nintendo Switch worth it Just for Smash?

Ragingboar

11 months ago

Is the switch worth buying for Smash Ulitimate, despite the price?

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't think I'd buy anything just to play a single game.

I think the Switch is worth buying, but there are a lot of games for it that are, in my opinion, worth rebuying for the portability (Dark Souls, Stardew Valley, for example) or are essentially must play titles (BotW, Odyssey). It's also a good way to play games you hadn't tried before like Okami.

There are rumours of some kind of 2019 console refresh though, which would be worth looking into before sinking the money in.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

There are rumours of some kind of 2019 console refresh though, which would be worth looking into before sinking the money in.

I don't know if Sony or Microsoft will do anything, but I strongly doubt Nintendo will

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

There's been a fair bit of reporting (example) on the topic. The gist is that Nintendo wants to keep the Nintendo Switch around and relevant for a lot longer, and part of that strategy may be to refresh the hardware (although this could take the form of incremental upgrades like the DS Lite or a Pro type version with additional or better hardware). Nintendo is no stranger to this type of life cycle, with the aforementioned DS Lite following less than two years after the DS (timeline), and the 3DS XL giving people deja vu (timeline). While not as frequently mentioned, it is standard practice to have multiple hardware revisions as well in consoles, whether announced or unannounced, so a new iteration could be an extension of currently planned production changes expanded as part of a response to the slowdown of Switch sales.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Hadn't thought about an upgraded switch, I guess that is possible. I was just thinking about entirely new consoles

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

You better invest alot of time in ultimate if you plan getting the switch only for that game.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube