add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

No Audio from MoBo

FunSnaps

11 months ago

Hello Everyone, So I've built my 1st gaming pc and all is good except for one thing, I can't figure out why can't I hear anything when I use the Realtek High Def Audio speakers and/or the Realtek Digital output. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers and still nothing, I have an HDMI cable plugged into the MoBo to the monitor and I also have the green Aux cord I believe connected to the MoBo and monitor, I'm just probably doing something wrong on the Hardware side, Please Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Hello Everyone, So I've built my 1st gaming pc and all is good except for one thing, I can't figure out why can't I hear anything when I use the Realtek High Def Audio speakers and/or the Realtek Digital output. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling my audio drivers and still nothing,...

Have you double checked on the Sound's Playback default is set to Speakers? I used to have some problems there before and doing the same thing as you had done, reinstalled the Realtek Audio drivers. Including graphics card too if I have one for audio.

...I have an HDMI cable plugged into the MoBo to the monitor and I also have the green Aux cord I believe connected to the MoBo and monitor, I'm just probably doing something wrong on the Hardware side, Please Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Wait, you are using an HDMI cable to the motherboard and the monitor already which does automatically provide sound by the way. While you are also using your AUX Cord to the motherboard and the monitor? I'm confused for what your AUX cord is for so maybe I don't understand why since your HDMI automatically provides audio for the monitor's speakers too (as long the Audio Drivers/Video Card's Audio Driver works first). So try removing the AUX cord from the monitor and the motherboard for now and see if you hear anything yet.

• 11 months ago
  • 2 points

Try clicking the little speaker lower right side of the task bar and switch the playback options until you select the correct one. There are probably a few options, without knowing what you have exactly just start at the top selection and work your way down until you hear something.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube