add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Front Panel Audio port is not working. Looking for suggestions?

sgy0003
  • 15 months ago

So I got myself a gaming pc a few months back. Aside from the fact that it was a pre-built pc, I had no problems with it until now. For the past few days, I have been having problems with the front panel audio port. Below is the link to the image of the front panel of the casing

The front panel

If I am trying to insert a jack of my HyperX cloud headset all the way in, the port won't recognize the headset. At first, I thought it was the headset, But I brought different headsets and earphones and the results were the same. I have to mess around with the jack, by loosely inserting it and/or twisting the jack around. The ports in the back thankfully still works, and that's what I've been using instead. But I would really prefer to keep using the ones at the front panel, since I have to constantly reach to the back If I ever wanted to use my headphones.

Is there a simple solution, or do I need to replace the front panel ports, or even worse, the whole casing? Is there even replacement for the ports shown above?

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Hardware > Other" to "Systems > Troubleshooting".

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you plug in the front panel audio cable into the motherboard?

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Front IO panel connections are usually crap. You could try and replace it through the case manufacturer but it would be easier to use the rear IO.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube