• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Kenulous 12 days ago

I very recently received an email about a game called Town of Salem having a data breach and i used the site "haveibeenpwned" and it showed me the same data breach so i am aware of the data breach being real and that my email has apparently been copied from it however i am not sure what this means. Can someone give me some advice on whether i should be very concerned in general or not? i am fairly certain that nothing else shares the same email and password with it and i have only ever played the game once and never purchased anything in it so there shouldnt be any other information to get, should i migrate my emails and create a new account? i have made a lot of different game accounts and used this email a lot so i would prefer it if i did not have to.

Comments Sorted by:

Markal 3 points 12 days ago

i would suggest monitoring your current email accounts before taking drastic action. Most of the time if you don't have any important information such as credit card accounts then you probably won't be greatly affected. data breach tactics usually try to get the largest amount of information in the shortest amount of time to make as much profit as possible as quickly as possible. if you used a credit card on the website i would alert your bank to the data breach and be prepared to swap debit/credit card numbers in the event that your card is compromised.

Kenulous submitter 1 point 12 days ago

Thanks, yeh i pretty much assumed that. i just wasnt sure as i have never had this happen before.

firedrakes 1 Build 1 point 12 days ago

for anything related to cc or vital info have 2 private emails. that use different names and passwords. think 3 layer system