• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Shadow2730 1 month ago

I am about to start building a pc and I need tools. What tools will I need? I saw a kit a few days ago but I forgot what it was called. I would like a screw driver that can fit the needed attachments along with tongs or tweezers that are anti static

Comments Sorted by:

vagabond139 5 Builds 7 points 1 month ago

A philips screwdriver. That's it. Sure you can get a fancy one but all you need it for is to turn screws so really any one will do.

floridaboz 4 Builds 3 points 1 month ago

And a pair of those small needle nose pliers to change locations of the jumpers..

On... 2018 nvm... I dont think most people will understand jumper changes, IDE ribbons and other fun stuff like that.

[comment deleted by staff]
floridaboz 4 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

i kind of want to rebuild my first computer from 1999, just as a display piece. I been looking for a HP computer that is like the one i used to have

Hobie12345 2 points 1 month ago

I don't have my first computer but I still have the one from 1999. I wonder if it will still boot?

It'd be a great case for a sleeper build but the standoffs are probably non-standard.

floridaboz 4 Builds 1 point 1 month ago

That is when i really started with computers, so 1999 computer would of been my first.

I think i would wait for the blue screen of death to pop up on it, and just leave it there, i think i would take it to work just for the neck of it.

[comment deleted by staff]
PrivatePengu 2 points 1 month ago

Screwdriver? Real men use a swiss army knife.

oh wait this meme is dead already? dangit

SilmeSule 1 point 1 month ago

and an anti-cancer wristband

eesti 1 point 1 month ago

zip-ties might also be helpful. For AMD Threadripper the socket needs a torxdriver, but it's included in the processor box

slkipp 1 Build 1 point 1 month ago

He'll need a tweesers too, and a couple quarters of thermal grease.

[comment deleted]
JMak00 1 Build 2 points 1 month ago

Harbor Freight ratcheting screwdriver kit, especially if you're installing lots of fans. Pair of small side cutters to clip zip ties, also at harbor freight. Long needle nose pliers for miscellaneous, like when the standoff gets stripped, ask me how I know.